We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Hi

I've booked the First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour and a week in the Iberostar Varadero leaving on 18 June.

Has anyone been? Any reviews? All details would be great!! The intinerary is as below:

Day 1 Arrival:

Arrive in Varadero and transfer to Havana (approx. 2 hours). Stay for 3 nights at Tryp Habana Libre Hotel (or similar).

Day 2 Havana

Experience the city of Havana, visit the village of San Cristobal de La Habana. Explore modern Havana on a sightseeing tour.

Day 3 Viñales Valley

A full-day excursion to Viñales Valley, en route, see Piñar del Río and visit a cigar factory. From El Mirador de Los Jazmines. Excursion to sample the glittering Cuban nightlife at Tropicana or Cabaret Parisien.

Day 4 Guamá in Montemar Great Natural Park

Leave Havana for Montemar Great Natural Park.Overnight at Rancho Hatuey.

Day 5 Sancti Spiritus

Drive to Sancti Spiritus for a city sightseeing tour. Later, depart for Trinidad and Brisas Trinidad Hotel, where you will be staying for 2 nights.

Day 6 Trinidad

Discover Trinidad, one of Cuba’s most memorable cities.

Day 7 Cienfuegos

Depart for Cienfuegos - overnight at Jagua Hotel.

Days 8-15 Beach hotel - Iberostar Varadero

THANKS!!

Zebra

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Varadero
Iberostar Varadero
7,201 Reviews
Cuba
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Customizing Cuba Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cuba History and Fun Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Classic Cuban Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Vintage Cars Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
Sault Ste Marie...
Level Contributor
352 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

That sounds like a great trip, has anyone been? What I would like to know is if the week in Varadero can be changed to another hotel. If so it sounds like a trip that I would love to take. I also look forward to your review in July.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

i am going with first choice in may staying at the sol pameras i would love to do your trip was it very expensive? we are going on the 8th may to sol palmeras got a cheep deal only £700 pounds you ll have fun love to hear all about it when you come back

Ann

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

i am going with first choice in may staying at the sol pameras i would love to do your trip was it very expensive? we are going on the 8th may to sol palmeras got a cheep deal only £700 pounds you ll have fun love to hear all about it when you come back

Its working out to be about £1200 (with upgraded flights) which I think is alright considering its the tour too and staying at the IV :)

I'll definately be doing a review when I get back!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

oops ignore the first part of that post - i;ve just copied and pasted the previous post - doh!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,199 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Is that a price for a single traveller or are there two of you travelling?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Its per person - yes I know its seems expensive but we really wanted to do the tour and stay in a top notch hotel!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,199 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Thanks. I realised that was the price per person but didn't know if you were traveling alone and that price included the single supplement.

I don't think it's that expensive considering you have upgraded flights as well.

It's going to pretty hot though touring around in mid June so you'll be glad to chill out that last week at the IV.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

Hope its not too hot in June....my hair will frizz :P

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

zebra stripes, hair was recently a very hot topic on this forum. There were some good suggestions about dealing with frizz in the tropics under the thread, "why does my hair looks so much better in Cuba".

scotland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First choice - Highlights of Cuba tour

hi

we are flying out 7 th may and doing highlights of cuba tour 1st week and 2nd week at paradisus princesa del mar so let you know how it goes when we get back skyhigh