We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from sol palmeas

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
just back from sol palmeas

Hi

Just back from sol palmeras. Any questions?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Hi there,

Can you please advise how to go about getting a visa or whatever it is you need to enter the country??

Many Thanks

L

Liverpool
Level Contributor
874 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from sol palmeas

your travel agent gives you this with your tickets. First Choice also gave us the 25$ to get out of the country as well, don't know about other operators though

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Hi chocybutty did you have a good time did you get to meet Jesus and Tony and janeen where phoning them to night hoping to go back 23/10/08 miss the place like mad Ann

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from sol palmeas

lots!

We're booked for November, my hubby and 10 year old daughter !

We're looking forward to our first trip to Cuba

We're booked into a 2 bedroom bungalow, did you see them?

Any Do's and Don'ts for the hotel? What about

any excursions?

Thanks in advance !

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Is the hotel clean?

Is the beach nice?

Is the food good?

Did you have good weather?

How much do you tip?

Do they have 'Bacardi' in the bar?

I would appreciate any tips or info you have.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Our tourist cards were included in our holiday price and recieved them a week before we went,booked with first choice went with thomson last yaer and had to get our own rang the cuban embassy in london and they sent the forms to us. hope this helps.

rachel. x

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Hi Ann

Had a great time thank you, we are looking to go back next year to get married there cant wait, your so lucky to be going back this year!!! yes met jesus he is great he got my partner doing allsorts and he thought he was great too. Rene in the pool bar is great.

Rachel.x

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Hi

The bungalows looked nice from the outside we stayed in the main hotel,if you get one in the 400's-500's it is quite a walk from the main hotel and amenities. The hotel was really clean and food was nice the resturants you can book are great especially the steakhouse and chinese.

The beach is beautiful,the weather we had was great had about an hours rain in afternoon and a couple of evenings but nothing to moan about still really hot. if you have anymore questions just send me a private message will be happy to help.

Rachel.x

vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: just back from sol palmeas

Hello I am going to Sol Palmeras, and was wondering what the voltage for electronic stuff there?

It says cuba is 220V but I read it somewehre that most of the resorts use 110V?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back from sol palmeas

gailieb, we stayed in a two bungalow in April and we thought it was very nice, perfect for us with our two boys ages 8 and 11. Small (completely unequipped) kitchenette and living room down, two bedrooms (one with two twins, one with a king) and a large bathroom upstairs. Nice little porch with a table and chairs out front. Request one in the 100's before you go, they are closest to the main hotel. If you are in the 4 or 500's you will be really hiking. I don't mind a walk but you still have a nice little jaunt from the 100's anyway. Good excursions with a 10 year old would be Havana historical (only one that doesn't include the Tropicana, you can't go on those tours with a child) the Catamaran (with the dolphins out in the ocean) and the Sugar, Steam and Guama tour, you will see some of the countryside, learn some history, ride a nice little train in the cane fields, and meet some crocs.