We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage allowance - whats yours?

England
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Have just phoned virgin atlantic as i was getting slightly confused as the weight allowance.

We are going economy and I thought when I booked I was told we could take one suitcase no more than 23kg but everything i have read says 2 cases up to 23kg plus hand luggage up to 6kg

so after phoning it has now been confirmed we can take 2 x 23kg checked into the hold and flight bag up to 6kg

so my question - what baggage allowance does your airline allow, are any others this generous? I am now in process of filling another case full of items for schools and the local children :o)

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

yes, it is 2 X 23 kilos allowed. plus hand luggage too with Air France also

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Just 1 x 23kg with First Choice Premier 20kg Star Class and TC just 15kg or pay to upgrade to 20kg

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Does anyone know how much TC charge you if your suitcase is around 4 kg over the limit?

Thanks

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Busterbills,

You said that FC have a luggage allowance of 23kgs for premier and 20kgs for star class......

We are travelling star class and it says on my documents that my allowance is 23kgs, is this because PRDO is a premier hotel or should I only have 20kgs.

Can I be rude and ask how much your upgrade to star class premier was, and did you book it with the holiday or did you wait until recently?

I rang first choice on Monday and the cost was £548 for the 2 of us (it's 9wks until we go) the rep told us to ring back in about 5wks.

We have already booked extra leg room and seated together that cost £140

Any help appreciated.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

You are correct as you are going to Premier hotel we are also going to PRDO I dare not tell you how much I paid extra for premier it was part of the package when I booked in Jan 08 they must have had some special deals on. Was less than a very good meal out for two with wine.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

hi lol it will be a ruck sack for me, as in may when I went to Cuba we got stung to the tune of £180 pounds they did want £250 but pleaded with them lol went with first choice, I no first choice where kind and let me have 20kilos free to take presents and meds for friends, in the end I was 31kilos over oh well wont be next time , Ann

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Good for you busterbills,

Will let you know when I ring in 5wks if we get a better price than £548, would love to go star class premier again but thats the cost of another holiday later in the year lol.

6 of us went to playa costa verde with first choice october 06 and they offered us the premier for £60 each, they contacted us in April with the offer, no such luck this time...........

England
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Yikes £548 !!! what a rip off, i could have another holiday for that .... i think i'll stick with Virgin all the extras like meals,extra leg room(if available) seats together etc are included in the price :o)

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

Are but Virgin seat pitch is only 31" FC is 33" and food is included yes extra for extra leg room seats same as Virgin now. Sitting togeather yes is extra.

Now look at overall price of holiday and Virgin will be £500 to £1000 per couple dearer.

I rest my case.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baggage allowance - whats yours?

We can only have 15kg :-( flying with Thomas Cook, just hoping my son wont be taking much lol.....