We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Can't decide on which hotel to choose for next summer. Could someone please respond to the following questions.

1. Is there bottled water (individual) available in the mini bar, and/or is bottled water available at the pool.

2. Is there a pasta station where you choose the type of pasta and sauce.

3. Is there ping pong and pool tables, and where are they located? Do they hold ping pong tournaments?

4. Are the showers seperate from the tub or is it all one combo unit?

Thanks to all!! any other info you can contribute is greatly appreciated. Anyone been to both, which do you prefer and why?

England
Level Contributor
106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Tainos

Water is in the mini bar

Table Tennis is at the gym

Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Thanks rarebit,

Anyone else have any info on either IB Tainos or IB Varedero. Any info is appreciated.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Hi there!

Wonder if you finally travelled and what hotel did you stay at? have same doubt about the Iberostar, Tainos or Varadero?

Thank you!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Might depend if you are a beach person. The Tainos has one of the best beaches in the area. The Iberostar Varadero the worst.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Thanks for your reply, what about the hotel itself? the rooms? service? food? swiming pools? what is the difference in the beaches? why best and worst? the size? cleaninies? other? thanks for taking the time to write to me! am closing my trip today and any other tip will be appreciated.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Another question. What hotel would you suggest? which one has the best beach. Yes I am a beach person and also like the comfort of a good hotel

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Tainos definitely has the best beach. Very wide and very clean.

Tainos is about 1/3 the size of Varadero.

Varadero could have more to offer but Tainos does have everything you really need.

The location of Tainos is closer to town.

I have been to Tainos and would chose Tainos because of its size.

St John's...
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Hello there.

I have been to both resorts and we are heading back to the Iberostar Varadero for our 5th visit in a few weeks. Personally my favorite is the Varadero but the Tainos is also a great choice. You really can't go wrong with either resort. Anything that has Iberostar in front of the name will mean good service, good food, clean property.

The Varadero is bigger and has a little more of a elegant feel to it. It has the marble floors and beautiful decor. The Tainos is smaller and older so it will not have the same feel. The Beach att the Tainos is beautiful I have to agree. We also find there is a much larger variety of food at the Varadero and we enjoy the disco they have there in the evenings and the lobby bar is very nice as well.

Just a few little details while we like the Varadero a little more but having sadi that I know allot of the staff at the Tainos and they are amazing. They are amazing at both locations really. We feel like family there now : )

The bathrooms at the Varadero are large which I also like. They have seperate bath and shower area. The stand up shower is very large and lots of room in the washroom area for more then one person getting ready at a time.

I think that covers everything that I have but like i said earlier either resort you can't go worng for sure.

Happy Travels,

Jackie

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

What time do the Bars close at each of these location? does anyone know. We stayed at the Sol palmeras in Feb/09. There was alway's a place to get a drink, 24hrs. a day. But would like to try another resort.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Varedero vs Iberostar Tainos

Thanks for prompt reply and extended opinons. Each and all very useful.

Looking forward to my trip and own experience!