We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba in February

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba in February

hi,

We're thinking of going to Cuba in February for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Cuba at this time and is the sea calm or rough?

Also, can anyone tell me how far Havana is from Varadero ?

We're thinking of booking the Blau Varadero so if anyone has any advice......

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba in February

Benn to Varadero twice in Feb. we had great weather around 30 degrees. The sea was nice and calm and warm!!! Havana is about an hour and a half from Varadero and well worth the trip!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba in February

HI holsmade07, I was in cuba in feb it was warm not too hot, no mossies, but the sea was too cold for me the pool was ok some afternoons was cool, but funny though the nights where warm didnt wear a jumper , then i was in cuba in maay that was very hot got bitten rotten by mossies lol Ann x

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba in February

Well I have a months leave every year and I specifically choose February to spend in Cuba. That's how much I like Feb weather in Cuba. Not too hot, not too cold and very few mosquitos to bother with.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba in February

For the weather in Varadero you can go to:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=CAC|CU|CU011|VARADERO|&metric=1

to get a 15 day forecast, or:

weather.com/outlook/…

To get a 10 day forecast, or a second opinion (LOL),

But remember that 'scattered thunderstorms' means just that, you may not see one all day, you may have a ten-minute one, you may have a heavy one for a while.

The closest city you can get averages for is Havana, 150 or so kilometers away, but for averages it should be OK. You can see them here:

weather.com/outlook/…

and you should be able to get the weather for anywhere in Cuba from the above sites.

Here is a website with general info on Cuba, (thanks to Mardi) which has averages for all months:

http://www.gocuba.ca/en/generalinfo.asp

Vancouver
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuba in February

Holsmad07, you would love Varadero in February. We were there last Feb, near beginning. The weather was beautiful, warm 75-80F days and cool 65F nights - perfick! Also NO mozzies whatsoever, even down at the Zapata Swamp region.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuba in February

Thanks for the info everybody.

sounds like it would be hot enough to get a tan to me...lol

I can't belive how close Havana is... thats great as i really want to go there for a visit.

I particularly like the idea of no mossies in Feb as we went to Cozumel in July and I got eat alive!!!

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuba in February

i'd love to know what i got bitten by then if there's no mozzies!!!i've been 3 times in february agree with the other posters its a nice time of year to go,but there are mozzies just not too many,guess where i'm staying next february?blau is great hotel as well i'm going there in a few weeks as well

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuba in February

most bites people get in February are sand fleas or 'noseeums' that are in the sand, although there can be mosquitoes any time of year.

9. Re: Cuba in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:20