We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Laguna Azul

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Laguna Azul

Does anyone know anything about this new hotel opening up in 2009? Where on the Varadero beach strip is it going to be? Any info will be appreciated about Iberosatar.

Scotland
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Hi I would like to know this as well?

I was booked from Gatwick to Varedero and booked into the IB Varerdero, the travel agent phoned us and said that flight had now been changed and we have to fly fom Manchester at a different date and the IB Varedero is not available, they offered us the Laguna Azul but I know nothing about it and will it be completed in time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Apparently the hotel is going next to the Tryp Penninsula with 800 rooms, and opening the first week of March 2009. We've read that it will be quite upscale, and will have a piano bar and "fun pub" (we're not sure what that is!) along with the typical Iberostar amentities. The Iberostar chain is quite well known for their great hotels and they pride themselves on top notch service. We've stayed at a few ourselves and have booked a vacation in Mexico this October at another Iberostar just because we know exactly the kind of service we will expect. And we're going to book the Laguna Azul for late April 2009, as we figure this will give the new resort time to work out any kinks.

hamilton
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

it is located right next to sirenis la salina. We took the double decker bus while staying at Villa Cuba this summer and drove past the Iberostar laguna. It is big but I'm sure it will live up to Iberostar standard. Hopefully the cost will be good the first year so that we can enjoy it before it sky rockets to 5 stars pricing!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Thanks for your help, well we are getting it £400 cheaper than the IB Varadero so hopefully will live up to expecations, we are going to be £2002 for two of us for two weeks.

toronto
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

If anyone hears anything new..let me know. I am thinking of getting married at that hotel last week of March but really nervous since it is still being constructed..hmmm....but it's a 5 star right? And it does have the faithful Iberostar name...I do have photos of the construction site from when I was there in May this year so it really is being built..on the nicer part of the pennisula. What are the chances the hurricae delayed some of the costruction? Ugh...what to do! If I go through with it you are all invited to the wedding!

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Hi LAMB2! I think its great you're looking to get maried at the Laguna Azul (my husband & I got married at an Iberostar in the Dominican Republic), but what happens if the hotel is not ready by the end of March? Can you be transferred to another hotel, and will they be able to accomodate your wedding? You should check those things before you book, just to be sure. Another place to look into is the Iberostar Varadero, which is a beautiful hotel as well, and I've seen them do weddings right on the edge of the beach. I imagine the pictures are just beautiful!

We've booked the Laguna Azul, but not until April 24th. We're hoping this will give them enough time to ensure its all finished.

Good luck with the planning!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Hi Lamb2, I heard that the wedding coordinator Anna from Playa Alameda will be moving to the new hotel, if that is so you will be in great hands. She's a really lovely lady. I just got married in April at the Iberostar Varadero which was also fantastic. I'm looking at returning to Cuba, but might stay at the new just because the price is so good. Cheers

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

I read your question and had the same one. I have stayed at the IB Varadero and it was the best vacation ( of 5 ) that I have had so far. I loved the place. I am loving the sound of the new Laguna Azul.. but worry about the size. My favorite thing about IB Varadero was the size. Good luck!

toronto
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

OK so I chickened out and now going to have the wedding at IB Playa Alameda. The prices for IB Varadero were too high and I dont feel comfortable booking at Azul so close to the grand opening. Oh well.. I'm sure it will still be beautiful..I hope :)

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Laguna Azul

Does anyone have the contact information (email) of the wedding coordinator that will be moving to Iberostar Laguna Azul? We are thinking about getting married here in November 2009. At the moment the brochures and websites say they don't offer weddings (only honeymoon packages), but if the wedding coordinator from Playa Alemda is moving there, this might be an option for us.

Thanks