We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too much waight

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
too much waight

does any one know how much you get charged per kilo as i have 25kilos so i am 2 kilos over my daughter is 33kilo 10 kilos over help ann x

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,953 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too much waight

Ann:

Firstly the maximum allowed for any one bag must not exceed 32 kilos so your daughter has to get her case weight down to 32 kilos for it to be accepted.

The charge is £8 per kilo I believe, but as you are, presumably, flying Premium you may get away with it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too much waight

Stuff as much heavy stuff as you can into your hand luggage and carry it like it doesnt weigh an ounce!!

Ditch your toileteries and sun lotions and buy them in Boots at Duty Free in the airport; just pack an extra bag in your hand luggage to carry your purchases in.... You will be surprised at how many Kilo's you will save.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: too much waight

Bellagio I am sure some airlines will not entertain cases exceeding 30 Kilo's, we have had to watch that in the past!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,953 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: too much waight

You are not wrong LL. I checked the First Choice website and this is what it says:

Your baggage will be weighed when you check in. If you have exceeded your baggage allowance of 20kg (44lbs) you will be required to pay an extra charge per kilogram over.

Please note that if you are flying with our in-house airlines, the absolute limit for any piece of luggage is 23kg (50.6 lbs). Any item found to weigh more than 23kg will need to be re-packed.

How much does excess baggage cost?

For longhaul flights with our in-house airlines (such as to the Caribbean, Mexico, Brazil, Costa Rica, Kenya, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Goa, Gambia and Florida) £10 (€20) per kilogram.

Ann: Looks like your daughter has some seriuos repacking to do as 23 kilo is the maximum weight it seems rthat FC will allow..

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: too much waight

my god this is a night mare lol taken stuff out of our cases but still is heavy lol good idea lou about the sun tan lotions ect but dont want to rebuy them. cases a littlr lighter but not much lol ann x

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: too much waight

do you think we could put shoes in the hold all???

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,953 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: too much waight

Of course you can, I always have my 'flight shoes' in my carry on and put them on to wear once I have boarded the aircraft for more comfort.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: too much waight

We always put one pair shoes/trainers in our carry-on; I tightly roll all of my vest tops and T-shirts together and pad each side of my holdall with them and put the shoes up through the middle...that also saves a lot of weight ~ the Vests and T-shirts just need a bit of hanging before I wear them but are not really that creased at all.

Dont want to re-buy all your toileteries and lotions ~~~~ thats gonna be a lot cheaper than excess luggage; you cant have it all ways lovey!!

I figure by buying our lotions and toiletries at the airport we must save a good 3 to 5 kilos in the suitcases.,, at £10 a kilo thats £30 to £50 on excess baggage saved!! Good Point Right??

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: too much waight

ballagio lol, my daughter's 9 pairs Ann x

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,953 posts