We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

vancouver
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

Great forum! Been reading & getting alot of info,ty guys. Heres one I've been wondering about. Shopping, are the prices set or can we barter with the venders on beach or shops (like in Mexico)?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Don't know if you "can" barter, we sure didn't because the prices were so great to begin with.

vancouver
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Thank you for the quick response! Good to know ,lol. We didn't barter much in Mexico anyway. Just wanted to find out what the deal is in Cuba. Not trying to ripe off anybody. ty again Cheers!

New Glasgow
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

I am heading to Cuba in March and have a list of gifts people would like me to bring back, can anyone tell me how much the shell necklaces, braclets usually are, and the smaller wood carvings? Any information would be great, it will help me plan in how much $$ to bring.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

Hiya

Uhnmmm

Kay Varaderos aia larger resort area and most resorts have kiosks set up at the resorts... these rotate so you see lots stuf over the week

In town some of this stuff will be slightly cheaper depending on the location

Now ... the government licences the vendors to sell at scertain location and prices are more or less set ... now this does not mean they don't inflate the price at time ...

Best to look around abit at several locations and then you will have abetter Idea of what is a deal or set price

Mardi

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

just a tip on wood carvings, if you don't oil them as soon as you get back they will crack and split. They do have some very nice carvings and they do expect you to barter. have a great time, i know we will.

Toronto
Level Contributor
375 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

I read some where on the forum that items made of shells etc are not allowed to be taken out of Cuba.

Check it out with experienced travelers to Cuba like Steve & Mardi.

Ajay

7. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 16:17