We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Hi,

Im flying from Manchester to Varadero with Thomas Cook mid March, and wondering if anyone knows the approx flight time as im hearing all kinds of different times from people, some saying as long as 14 hours to get there?

I think we may be going via Holguin?

Could anyone please clear up how long it takes to get there (im thinking how many books to take on the plane to keep me occupied!!)

Thanks very much to anyone who can help out

Mentioned in this post
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Hi,

About 10 hours to Holguin, then on the tarmac for an hour, then a short hop to Varadero of 40mins to an hour.

This was discussed on this thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k24688…

We are going to Cuba in April and we are also not direct (dont think any of the outbound TC flights are) not looking forward to that part at all!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
liversedge
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

hi been 3 times no more than 9 hours

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Thanks, its just my tickets say

outgoing - 9.30

arrival 18.15

which when you factor in time differnce means the journey takes 14 hours and i was a bit worried

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Just remember OUR clocks go forward end of March. Which would make the flight seem longer.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

Yeah i thought about the clocks going back, but we go on 19th March, & clocks wont of gone forward/back by then.

Fingers crossed it wont be 14 hours on a plane!

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

My tickets came today and the flight time is 10hours 10mins. This is first choice (thompson plane) direct manchester to varadero.

Unfortunately it looks like you are going via anothr airport - only way to explain the difference.

Kent
Level Contributor
642 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

when i last went we did a stop over, i was going to holguin though and first we stopped at varadero on way out.

It wasnt that bad to be honest, take a book, or something to keep you busy, you will be so excited about just being on holiday that the time will fly by! always does when on holiday!

Wigan, UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

I have done the Holguin stopover a couple of times and its much better going out to have the stop over than when you're going home. You have just enough time for a cuba libre and to exchange some money which saves you time later at varadero where it's much busier

Mentioned in this post
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

So do you actually get off the plane then when you stop in Holguin? Ive been told by others that you stay on the plane for an hour

Mentioned in this post
Co Durham
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know flight time from manchester to varadero (TC)

We're flying out with Thomas Cook on 01 May and the agent didn't state when booking that it's not a direct flight?

We depart at 09.30 GMT and land at 14.15 local time, which works out at around 10 hours taking into account the time difference?