We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

psz
Portugal
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

If anyone has questions about this hotel or Varadero, I am glad to answer.

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Hi hope you had a good time

I am going there in two weeks time and wondered if you did any trips that you can recommend?

Also how was the weather and food while you were there?

Thanks

Steve

psz
Portugal
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Hello Steve,

The weather was really good, except the two last days because the Katrina hurricane, which had some influence in Varadero's weather.

The trips I did were the Havana trip with Tropicana show, which was a fantastic show, with lots of sound an light, and the catamaran trip with dolphins.

We went in the Varadero beach tour, that allows to enter and quit the bus everytime you want during the day and visit all points of Varadero only by 5 convertible pesos. The bus is open on top, which is very nice...

The Havana trip is a "must" trip. Going to Cuba and not visiting Havana is worse than going to Rome and not visiting the Pope!

The Catamaran trip with dolphins is an interesting trip, but the time with dolphins is very short. We have gone to Cayo Blanco island and have taken bath of the hot waters of that beach. This was amazing...

I hope I've been useful! More questions?

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Thanks for the reply i cant wait to go.

What did you think of the food?

Also what kind of plug adaptor do i need over there?

Thanks again

Steve

psz
Portugal
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Hello again!

For me and my wife the food was really good in the Iberostar Tainos. Sometimes, especially at lunch, they didn't have as much variety as we wanted, but we didn't have any problems about eating.

At dinner there were more options, a cheese table, and other hot dishes. Concerning to dessert, the fruit is always the same, but there were new cakes and ice-creams.

There are pizza and pasta everytime and cuban traditional dishes.

About the electricity adaptor, we didn't take any. The source of electricity in bathroom was 220 v, the same we use in Portugal.

I hope I was useful! If you have more questions, please do!

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Thats great thanks a lot

Steve

psz
Portugal
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

You're welcome!

uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

I have just read a bad review about the Iberostar Tainos and am a bit concerned as I am booked to go in November. Should I consider changing hotels or are these people being too fussy? I was really looking forward to it as my husband and I re celebrating our birthdays then.

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

I wouldn't worry about that review, your hotel is rated 4th out of 160odd!!!

I mean there's supposedly only 3 better hotels available, don't think you should worry...

vjt
Barrow-in-Furness
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Just arrived back from Iberostar Tainos - go, go, go!!!!! Brilliant time, great hotel. Agree with comments about food, choice at lunch time is less than evening, but quality is just as good, no complaints whatever. Over the 11 nights we spent there we had smoked salmon, sirloin, fillet steak, roast turkey, pork, prawns - all cooked to perfection.

Staff were brilliant! from Reception, to Dining Room, to Bar Staff, to Gardeners, to maids. Please, please, say hello to Frank and Jorge at the poolside bar from Veronica & Steve and Danielle, Chris and Adam. The animacion team worked their socks of every day, all day.

Weather - terrific!! Beach unbelievable. I will try and write a proper review when I have got my British head back on. Right now, I'm on Cuban mode - s l o w .......

uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Tainos - I was there 18/08 to 27/08/2005

Thanks guys, I feel much better now. I can't wait to get there. Counting down the weeks.