We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Could someone explain to me the main difference between a standard room and a bungalow?

Right now the prices I'm finding are exactly the same for both types of room and I'm curious...

Are all bungalows 2-storey?

I'm looking and booking something for 2 20somethings sharing a room for a week in the sun (male and female, but not a couple)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Hi there,

Sorry can't comment on the Bungalows but the standard room is quite appropriate for opposite sex couple with two beds. The rooms are large and lots of space. Bathroom has sink outside. Toilet and shower inside. Bungalows are two storeys but have never been in them. I am sure you will get responses from those who have stayed in them

Take Care

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Our preference is the bungalows. We prefer that over the hotel setting. The bungalows are all at least two stories high but if you wanted a bungalow that is 2 storey inside(meaning you have a main floor and an upstairs) you would be requesting a junior suite which would cost you more money then a regular bungalow. I found the junior suite a waste of space when we stayed it one last year. The resort upgraded us for free so of course I didn't complain. lol. I personnally wouldn't pay extra for one. Most bungalows have 2 double beds in them. I (9 of us) will be at the Barcelo in 5 more sleeps and emailed a request to the reservations manager yesterday of which specific bungalow I would prefer (close to the beach/beachbar. I have not received a reply back yet and don't expect one being that I did not get one last year also. Last year we stayed in #3304. If you need anymore info just message me here at Tripadviser.

Kagey

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

A standard room is like a hotel room. It's located in the main hotel. The rooms in the hotel are located on one of 4 floors. You access the rooms by elevators or a flight of stairs. Many have complained that the elevators are slow and find that they often use the stairs. If you are lucky enough to be on the higher floors and face the pools, you also get an ocean view.

The bungalows are scattered around the grounds and are closer to the sports bar, pools or beach. They are 2 storey buildings with different room accomodations.

The standard bungalow looks like a 2 storey motel. You either have a room on the bottom floor with a terrace or a top floor with a balcony. The room access is from the outside with an exterior stairway for the second floor rooms.

The 2 storey bungalow suites offer a small terrace area with patio chairs with a small table just outside your door. Inside, you'll find a living area with seating, a dining table with chairs, a sink and counter, and a powder room on the first floor. An interior set of stairs lead you up to the second floor where you'll find your room which includes a balcony, and full bathroom.

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Thank you so much for the concise information!...I think we're leaning towards a bungalow rather than a room at this point!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

Thanks for the info.. we will be heading this way next year. Are the bungalows able to accommodate 5 people ?( we have 3 kids 14,13,11). we are looking for a place not too busy, but one that still has good food.

6. Re: Barcelo Solymar-Room Differences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 09:19