We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NHL playoff ???

Montreal
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
NHL playoff ???

Hey guys,

I know it,s sound stupid,but is there any bar/place where we can watch hockey???I know we're in Cuba but it's the playoff !!!

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NHL playoff ???

some resorts have the edmonton CTV feed (dotn know if it'll be showing the playoffs. Also there's a US Sports channle (forgot which one).

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NHL playoff ???

Hi, I doubt you will find playoff hockey downthere televised. As far as I know CBC, TSN and Versus(American Network) cover the playoffs. As someone mentioned you might pick up CTV Edmonton but they don't have the broadcast rights. They should have ESPN at your resort that you can catch the scores on the ticker. Their internet is probably to slow to watch a live feed as well.

Hope this helps

Wearsy

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NHL playoff ???

Just on the sports highlights on tv.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NHL playoff ???

Back in the 80s we were in Myrtle Beach and couldn't get an NHL game there either. They had satellite and the bartender did try his best. He referred to it as puckball. I'm dead serious.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NHL playoff ???

I will be in Cuba May 3-1oth and am a huge penguins fan but I can handle missing a couple games and just checking the updates on nhl.com at the hotel. I was in Playa Del Carmen Mexico last year and watched a playoff game at a bar down there. Sorry to tell you but you will likely miss a couple games but nothing to fret about.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NHL playoff ???

Thank you so much!!Well i"m gonna catch the highlights , i can live without hockey for a week,the thing is ;i don>t think The Habs will make it very far,lol!!

St. John's
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NHL playoff ???

They might suprise a lot of people if they get Markov back. They are saying he could be back early in the playoffs.

guelph
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NHL playoff ???

I was in Havana about 4 years back and was able to see a few games on TV, the bartenders however were always changing the chanel.Good luck

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NHL playoff ???

I worked out a deal with the Casa de la Amistad in Havana (gorgeous old mansion, fabulous place) to hook up some big screens to their satellite and host foreign sport nights during playoffs and big games. It started out quite small, mostly just ex-pats and embassy staff, but has since grown into quite a big deal. We get 200+ people out to come of the games. Loads of laughs.

We've had bus loads of crazy UK fans come in from Varadero for Premier League games, Champions League and Canadians for the Stanley Cup. It's a great time and nothing like anything you'd find in Varadero, especially when the after game party moves to some real Cuban neighbourhood bars.

Sorry I won't be down there at the right time this year to get this going...

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

montreal
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NHL playoff ???

That a boy rok233 Canadians are back and playoff hockey anything can happen ... GO HABS GO ...