We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mistakes

Edmonton
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mistakes

So I just got a PM on a review I wrote, I will be the first person to admit that I make mistakes while on the computer [and lets admit, in life] but this person sort of bashed the review I wrote, I do believe they have the wrong review, mine wasn't 3 sentences long as they had said, but still waking up in the morning and looking forward to a nice end of the work week work day and finding this message on my computer has but me in the frame of mind that I will not be writing any more reviews on places I visit. It is my opinion good, bad or ugly. I don't think I have ever written anything other then my perspective on the place I stayed. Sometimes people will agree and sometomes not, but still,it is my choice on this forum. I don't believe anyone should be sending a private meassage that they would not air out loud on this forum. I hope that the person responsible will agree that as this is more then 3 lines long I am not lazy! As previosly stated. ~Susan~

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mistakes

Dear Susan,

Why do you care what some anonymous person on an anonymous discussion forum thinks?

And why are you writing an Original Post about it, instead of replying directly to the person who sent you the PM?

Tranquilo, it's only the silly Internet... ;-)

Cheers,

Terry

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mistakes

GoingtoCuba29, don't worry about it. There are some fairly insane and unstable people who frequent these travel web sites. You're reveiw seemed fine to me, it was an honest commentary from your view point. A review can be one word long if need be. The problem exists within the mind of the person who PMed you.

Have a good weekend, it's only the internet.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,227 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mistakes

May be the PM should have been directed to the person who did write the review above yours.

The review is your opinion and that is it.

If you feel slighted then PM the person back but then it may make it worse for you.

Ignore the comments if you can

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mistakes

Susan,

I know it makes you feel lousy but just ignore it!

Some people are just negative-nancy's....

Edmonton
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mistakes

I have responed in private to them. I quess I was venting about being attacked for something I did not do. But as of now, I am over it. I will not let it bother me anymore. Thank-you for your quick responses. ~Susan~

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mistakes

You wrote a great and honest review GoingToCuba29, looks like it was the person who reviewed after you that had the 3 liner review, with nothing nice to say.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mistakes

Come on Susan,name and shame the bugger,hiding behind a pm,only a public apology will do.These forums are here for all to post reviews,thoughts and comments on destinations,not for character assassinations.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Don't worry,be happy.

montreal,quebec
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mistakes

In my opinion it was a very good REVIEW. The jerk who bashed your review doesn't have much intelligence. Tell him where to go in a private PM which I would have done..

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mistakes

Listen, Susan..

Anyone who reads and spends time on stuff by someone who spells very 'verry', and maybe 'maybee' can't be that bright. lol! Just ignore negative people. your review was honest and, I think ok. Try and chill, but I'd have a bit of a rant too if it happened to me, probably! Nickie.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mistakes

Ps..I also think you should name and shame the fool who probably had too much to drink and their eyes saw the wrong name! lol. Note to all(lesson learnt long ago) don't type whilst angry or drunk!!!!! Nickie.