We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
england
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
palma real Varadero, december

hi just wondered if anybody had stayed here and what they thought of it and of varadero also what weather are we likely to expect in december.

West Mids
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: palma real Varadero, december

Hi Laney

We are off to the Barcelo Solymar in December to get married but some of our party have booked the Palma Real, this is our first time to Cuba.

What dates are you going?

I have been told that December is still in the late 20's and it is there dry season however can still be unpredictable, so fingers & toes crossed.

Thanks Mixxie

Toronto
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palma real Varadero, december

As long as you are easy going and not a nit picking tourist, you will love it

I have always stayed in bldg 1. Its closest to the lobby.

The reviews are right on!

Staff is exceptional from the gardener to the swim up bartender

Location is perfect as you can walk to all the attractions

The bar does close at midnight but calle 62 is right around the corner

The lobby is the social centre of the whole place but each building does have it own bar.

Rooms are spacious and clean

Buffet has alot to choose from but sometimes you have to read exactly what it is.

Only downfall of the resort is that it is not beachfront property. A less then 5 minute walk and you are there

For the location and the price I don't think this resort can be beat with regards to value for your $

If you have any specific questions please ask or PM me

Thunder Bay, Ontario
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palma real Varadero, december

I agree with nd. Had a great time here, are planning a return trip for early next year. Building 1 is closest to everything, if they give you a choice take it (that bar, the "daikiri", made the best pina coladas on the resort)

Have fun!

Thunder Bay, Ontario
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palma real Varadero, december

oops...forgot to mention something...bring a light sweater for evenings, it can be a bit breezy

england
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palma real Varadero, december

hi mixxie

we were thinking of going on the 4th December its a choice between 5 days in new york or 2 weeks in cuba so a big decision to make. both come to about the same price so obviously cubas the better value. good luck with your wedding im sure the weather will be lovely

england
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: palma real Varadero, december

id read loads of good reviews but thought it sounded too good to be true (for the price) sounds great. thanks for all the info.blg1 seems to be the place to be ill dear that in mind .

thanks again

england
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: palma real Varadero, december

mmmmm pina colads my favourite. im defo going now!!

West Mids
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: palma real Varadero, december

Hi Laney

My sister is flying out on 4th December also, you flying from Manchester or Gatwick?

Mixxie

england
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: palma real Varadero, december

hi mixxie

we,ll be flying from manchester when i get around to booking it , where is your sister flying from, might be on the same flight x

West Mids
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: palma real Varadero, december

Hey Laney

Yes she is flying from Manchester with Thomas Cook, think she flies around 9.30am.

Mixxie