We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October/november weather in Cuba

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
87 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
October/november weather in Cuba

We are planning out first trip to Cuba late oct early nov this year. Has anyone visited at this time? If so, what was the weather like and is this low/mid or high season. Was it busy? We will have 3 days in Havana and then stay at the Blau Varadero.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Blau Varadero Hotel
Blau Varadero Hotel
7,431 Reviews
Cuba
Alberta
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

It is Hurricane season.

From what I hear it is supposed to be quieter at that time and for that very reason Hubby and I want to give it a go.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

its the end of hurricane season weather will still be hot with less chance of rain or hurricanes

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

For the weather in Varadero you can go to:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=CAC|CU|CU011|VARADERO|&metric=1

to get a 15 day forecast, or:

weather.com/outlook/…

To get a 10 day forecast, or a second opinion (LOL), or go here:

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:CUXX0020&q=Varadero%2c+CUB

But remember that 'scattered thunderstorms' means just that, you may not see one all day, you may have a ten-minute one, you may have a heavy one for a while.

The closest city you can get averages for is Havana, 150 or so kilometers away, but for averages it should be OK. You can see them here:

weather.com/outlook/…

and you should be able to get the weather for anywhere in Cuba from the above sites.

Here is a website with general info on Cuba, (thanks to Mardi) which has averages for all months:

http://www.gocuba.ca/en/generalinfo.asp

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
87 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

That would suit us nicely too!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
87 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

Thanks for your info on the weather. Seems ok and we Scots are always prepared for a bit of rain!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

I was in Havana last year during the last week of October. We had two days of pleasantly warm days at the beginning, then a couple of days of absolutely oppressive heat (and I'm from Athens!), then a cold front came in and brought the temperature down to where I had to wear a light sweater and denim jacket even during the day. It was warming back up on my last day.

So it can really be unpredictable. For walking around and getting to know Havana it's fine no matter what, unless an actual hurricane hits. For the beach, it may just be a little too unpredictable.

Cheers,

Natalia

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Georgia
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

We went last Nov 26 2008. Beautiful weather 25- 29 +

no bugs / mosquitoes, rained one day for 2 hrs and that was it. What I understand, hurricane season is over at this time.

We booked our 2 week trip again for Nov 26 to dec 11, same time, same hotel.

Why change if things went right the first time?

Just my opinion.

cheers all

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

Hi! It is indeed low season. High season usually kicks off mid-December.

I've been at both the end of November, and the end of October. November, the weather was great- hot & sunny with a bit of rain some evenings. October half the time the weather was great, the other half we got hit hard by tropical storm Noel.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

very few storms and no hurricanes forecast so far for this fall. that said, we too, weathered mini noel at santa lucia in 2007 and flew in last year right after the 3rd hurricane. the weather was all over the place. storms, cold, wind blasted and a few pleasant days! lol. the reviews pretty much say it all.as for good deals, well, long term is competitive but 1 and 2 weeks are still showing more expensive. carol e.

10. Re: October/november weather in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 05:18