We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monday Thomas Cook flight

Essex, England
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Monday Thomas Cook flight

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Thomas Cook flight leaving on Monday mornings from Gatwick makes two stops in Cuba, Holguin and Varadero, or is it just Varadero?

Many Thanks.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,295 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

In the summer months it should be direct and non stop.

bellagio will confirm I think.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

Definitely direct, non stop to Varadero and same on the return leg direct, non stop to Gatwick.

However when the winter schedule kicks in on October 20th the flights switch to Tuesday and they fly out to Varadero via Holguin.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

Thanks for your prompt reply DivaGateshead and Bellagio - Oh how I love Tripadvisor.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

I have just made an enquiry for next summer for Iberostar Tainos, with Thomas Cook.

I have been told it is a direct flight from Gatwick on a Monday. I have also been assured that we will have 33" seat pitch. Do you think it means seat back TV's as well? I forgot to ask this question.

I am a little worried booking with TC as I have heard their flights are cramped and awful and that they don't always deliver on promises with regards to their flights.

Lorraine

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

Provided your aircraft is a Thomas Cook Airbus A330 it will have a back seat TV. There is plenty of leg room on these aircraft as in May 2008 they took out several rows of seats to increase the leg room in Economy. The seating across the Economy cabin is 3-3-3 so it can feel a little cramped width wise.

Thomas Cook really should tell you that your aircraft should be one of the above, they cannot absolutely 100% guarantee it will be this far ahead.

6. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 22:20
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

lppwrth:

Think you duplicated your question. You can delete one of them if you wish by clicking on 'Report inappropriate content', then when it says 'Choose a reason' select 'Remove My Post'

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

I have just booked for July next year. I was told the flight will definitely be a Thomas Cook flight and will have 33" seat pitch.

I was told it will be a direct flight into Varadero from Gatwick.

Do TC give out a pillow and blanket for the overnight return journey or will we have to purchase them?

I got a good price so now hoping that everything goes well.

There are 23 of us going and it's alway's worrying if something is not as expected.

Lorraine

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

They definitely do give out a pillow and a blanket for the return journey.

Surrey, England.
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Monday Thomas Cook flight

Hello Bellagio,

as you seem to know quite a lot on this subject, I thought I would be cheeky and ask you a similar question.

I will be going to Varadero in a couple of weeks with Thomas Cook in their Premium Cabin and have booked as a prty of 6, 3 x couples, my question is this, do you think we will be allocated accross the aisle or in 3 x seats of 2? And do you know of any way we could make this sure we get rows of 2's? Thanks.

charabanc.