We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

I understand that this resort has a hotel building and some bungalow type accommodation.

Can anyone tell me which of them they preferred and why?

How do the room facilities differ? Is the hotel building large and how many floors does it have?

I am booking a group holiday through Thomas Cook and need 12 rooms, it would be nice to be near each other, so I am going to make a request based on your answers.

Thanks

Lorraine

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

The big difference is whether you want to be in a 4 storey building versus a one or two storey one....My daughter and I stayed in the bungalow near the beach and we loved it but I am one that prefers bungalows versus the higher rise "hotel style rooms".

The views are nice for the higher building so its really a personal preference. The resort is not big at all and regardless where you are staying, you won't be far from anyone.

Good choice for a resort! Beautiful beach!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

I think you may have a problem booking bungalows,but it's well worth a try.There are 4 rooms to each block,2 up and 2 down,so 3 bungalow blocks,hmmm,It is possible.I think that this would be your better option,they are a good size but have not a lot of room for your clothes(no chest of drawers)the main building has better clothing space,but I would still go for a bungalow as it would save you trekking in and out the main reception from the beach/pool if you were wet just to get to your room.Being a small resort nothing is too far away from anything else so bungalow is best,E-Mail the hotel in advance and try to reserve the bungalows.

Ian.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

Great advice above - I was going to suggest splitting up the group between the bungalows - the right side of the pool versus the left...I don't think that would be a problem.

4. Re: Hotel or Bungalow IB Tainos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 06:18