We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Hi Guys, my OH and I are staying here in December and I was wondering which rooms anyone would recomend?

Bungalow, high floor, pool view etc?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

You have to decide what you prefer!!!

Bungalows are in two storey buildings closer to the beach and the hotel part is about 4-5 stories high.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Hello

My husband and I are travelling on the 18th September and I tried to purchase currency and was told that we would not be allowed to take in or bring currency out of Cuba so I wanted to buy travellers cheques at the Thomas Cook bureau exchange and was told that they couldn't sell them as they were American Express.

Please can you advise on what monney etc we should take.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Take sterling (or Euros) - you can exchange them at the desk in the Tainos for CUCs.This will cover you for local purchases,taxis, tipping etc.

You can pay for trips using a credit card AS LONG AS it is not affiliated to a US bank.

Ignore the doom merchants who tell you that credit cards are very expensive way of paying for trips. We actually got such a good exchange rate on the card transactions that it was only marginally more expensive than paying with cash and I felt a lot safer than taking a huge wad of cash with me to pay for trips to Havana etc.

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Hi we stayed here last year and are going back on the same date as you, probably same flight from Manchester. Take Sterling each room has a safe, we got a consistent exchange rate at the hotel so could change what we needed as we went along. We stayed in main hotel last year with lovley views rooms were cleaned each day and air con worked. Have a good holiday.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

Going to Tainos July 2010. If we are allocated to the hotel building what choice of views are there? Are all the rooms forward facing?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

In the main hotel the rooms can look out toward the pool/sea or they can look out toward the front of the hotel in the direction of the marina,which according to some is a very nice view.I myself prefer the bungalows and even then there are different views,none of the beach/sea though.

Ian.

7. Re: Iberostar Tainos Varadero Rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 05:17