We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Seat Your Choice

Birmingham
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Your Seat Your Choice

Hi

Ive booked to go to Varadero next June with Thomas Cook;. The price included the Your Seat your choice which cost £20 each. I has no option to remove this. However when I went to try and pick which seats I wanted, the system wouldnt let me and advised that I had put in an incorrect flight number when I had not. I have emailed Thomas Cook about this but I am yet to have a response. Has anyone ekse had the same problem or has anyone actually been able to book the seats you want?

Your help is appreciated

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Hi Stacey,

It may be that it is just too soon to do this?

I know that if I was trying to prebook a seat via one of our carriers at this time, it would be difficult as the trip is still so many months away.

Just a thought.

S

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Agree think it is too early.I had this problem with Thomas cook,had prebooked seats together but was unable to load the actual flight to choose particular seat numbers.Just keep trying periodically,think it was about june for Nov flight that I was able to book.

Sue

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Hi

I am also going in June and had the same problem when I booked in August. I called Thomas cook airlines who told me that the your seat your choice option meant that I could only pre book my seats 7 days before hand and will also be able to check in online the day before for summer 2010 holidays. I was told that I could prebook my seats now but I would have to pay extra for that, I can't remember exactly how much they quoted me. It may be worth calling them to find out as I also emailed them first but never got a response.

T.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Hi Stacey,

We are travelling to Cuba next April and have booked our specific seats on Your Seat Your Choice(two seats on their own near the back of the plane).

If you are unable to get online to book seats try putting a 0 in the flight no (TCX31K would be input as TCX031K).

You will probably find the £20.00 you have paid was for seats together and you will have to pay an additional £12.00 each if you wish to pick your seats now. In fact, it will ask you for £32.00 each online in which case you would have to pay it and then ring the TC airlines 0844 no to ask for £20.00 refunding.

If you can find it, there is a thread about Your Seat Your Choice that was posted a couple of weeks ago that you may find useful. I'm not sure how to put the link on here.

Regards,

Sam

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,751 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k311…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…21198493

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Thanks for putting the link on Bellagio!

Regards,

Sam

Birmingham
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

Hi

Thanks for all of your responses. I had a response from Thomas Cook this morning who confirmed that I had only booked to sit next to each other and not to choose the seats (why is it called your seat your choice then?!). However I never had the option to take this charge off when I booked so I have emailed Thomas Cook to take this charge off. I never pre book my seats. I would have minded if I could actually choose my seat but to ask for more money to do this is outrageous!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

We booked your seat etc when we booked last October. We are going on 2/11/09. We booked premium cabin and wanted to make sure that we sat together. I went onto the TC airlines site 3 weeks ago and actually booked seats numbers for £12 each return. I too, had tried months ago but it was difinitely too early. The only reason I booked seat numbers is because I didnt want to be separated by an aisle or sitting away from my husband. I cant imagine falling asleep on a strangers shoulder on the way home. How embarassing. Only 2 weeks to go. Really looking forward to it as its our first time to Cuba.

GB
Level Contributor
51 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

I have booked your seat your choice three times and only once have I had my choice and I have never had my money refunded.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
59 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Seat Your Choice

I emailed Thomas Cook and asked for the your choice to be taken off my booking which they have done which has saved me £40. I dont mind where I sit on the plane because getting off the plane first wont get me to my hotel any quicker due to waiting for luggage and waiting for everyone to board the coach! Its just a rip off