We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Varadero

toronto
13 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Varadero

Just booked the IV for Apr/06. Travelling with husband and 2 boys 14 & 10. Booked std rms. Have a couple of questions:

1. What are the best rms/bldgs to stay in close to the beach/pool and with good views?

2. Any trouble getting adjoining rooms?

3. Is it better to be on higher level floors?

4. What is best way to secure room requests - email hotel directly?

Thanks for your help.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Varadero

Hola Trix,

I just got back from IB Varadero on Sunday morning!

1. I would say the best building would be Building 10 or 11 because they are closest to everything. The views are pretty much the same for all buildings ask to be facing the gazebo or you will be facing the road.

2. There shouldn't be a problem getting rooms beside eachother I don't think any rooms have connecting doors or anything if that is what you are looking for but I am sure if you call or email the hotel you will be able to request those things no problem.

3. We were on the 3rd floor and I found that to be tiring because there are only stairs in the buldings and when it is hot and humid and you have had a few cocktails it can be hard to get up the stairs, others were saying that as well haha!

4. And like I said I would say the best way to secure it is to email them and call the hotel directly. We booked through Signature and were able to request things through them but I always checked with the hotel directly after contact Signature.

I hope that helps, if you have anymore questions. Please feel free to ask and have an amazing time! You picked an awesome resort!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Varadero

How is this place for young couples we are 23 and 28 will we be bored here?

Thanks Glad you ahd a great trip

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Varadero

I am only 20 and I had a blast but we travelled off the resort as well to different clubs and such. But you will find a nice mix in ages, depending on when you are going I imagine.

Any other questions please ask away!

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Varadero

Oh ya I meant to say, I saw a lot of young couples there as well, twenties and early thirties.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Varadero

Great thanks for your info, didn't want to go and find out that we were the only young couple. Any other resorts you saw that you wish you had gone to instead?

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Varadero

Not one! I don't know how the food was at other resorts, but I thought most of it was horrible at the IB Varadero but it seems that everyone else I talked to from other resorts said the exact same thing. Please don't go by what I said because I may just be picky but because it is off season all the fruits and veggies were under ripe. So if I went again I would bring some of my own stuff. Make sure you try the Japanese restuarant also it was AMAZING!! Make sure you ask if the resort is full because if it isn't you can eat at the restaurants more than once.

This resort is definitely one of the best, it isn't #1 in varadero for nothing!! :)

Mentioned in this post
St.Catharines
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Varadero

We stayed there during March Break last year (my husband and I and our 3 sons). We loved this place! I emailed the hotel directly and asked for building 18 with adjoining rooms, one with a king bed and one with 2 beds. We got exactly what we asked for and thought the location was perfect. We stayed on the first floor, but found it a bit noisy above us at night. None of the buildings that have standard rooms have a good view. There is quite a bit of brush between the buildings and the ocean. The only rooms that have a view of the ocean are on the third floor and they are junior suites. It didn't matter though, because the courtyard is a nice view. Your kids will have a great time. There are lots of activities and the animation team is wonderful. As stated before, the restaurants are great, especially the Japanese. Enjoy your trip!

Get answers to your questions about Varadero