We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

Heading off to Havana for 3 days next Sunday and then onto Varadero for 7 days. What are the evening temperatures like? Will we need long sleeves/trousers?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

I hope not as I'm leaving for Varadero next Sunday. I did the exact same trip you are doing a few years back & it was a bit chilly at early morning & nights. I am generally not a "cold" person. You may just want to bring something light that does have long sleeves.

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

At night it can lower until 20 celsius, by dawn it can get chilly. Now it's 6 a.m. and my outside meter shows 23.9 degrees.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

Great. That gives me some idea. Thank you to you both

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

For the weather in Varadero you can go to:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=CAC|CU|CU011|VARADERO|&metric=1

to get a 15 day forecast, or:

weather.com/outlook/…

To get a 10 day forecast, or a second opinion (LOL), or go here:

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:CUXX0020&q=Varadero%2c+CUB

But remember that 'scattered thunderstorms' means just that, you may not see one all day, you may have a ten-minute one, you may have a heavy one for a while.

The closest city you can get averages for is Havana, 150 or so kilometers away, but for averages it should be OK. You can see them here:

weather.com/outlook/…

and you should be able to get the weather for anywhere in Cuba from the above sites.

Here is a website with general info on Cuba, (thanks to Mardi) which has averages for all months:

http://www.gocuba.ca/en/generalinfo.asp

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

I too am a cold person, we were there the last week of November and the 1st week of December last year..... I took a hoodie with me in the evenings, ended up tying it around my waist most evenings, it's beautiful. Cooled down from the smoking hot days, but warm enough for short sleeved shirts, shorts etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

Starting next Thursday Nov. 26 it is calling for lows of 14 celsius to 16 Celsius.

I would be okay with shorts and a T-shirt but some might not be.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

Many people wear long pants & a cardigan for the flight, which can be useful during the evenings. Despite that the actual temperature may be in the 20’s, there is often a sea breeze during the evenings, and/or you may find it chillier because of a touch of sunburn garnered during the day. Air-conditioned restaurants, bars & buses may also have you reaching for something ‘warm’.

8. Re: Evening Temperatures end November, beginning December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 06:36