We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Palmeras Varadero

Merseyside
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Sol Palmeras Varadero

Hi My family and I are off to the Sol for Xmas and The New Year, and would love some advice please we do not know which to pick between a junior in the main building or a delux bugalow i woul love some advice form anybody who ahs visited this hotel.

Thanx for your time

CUBANBRIT

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Palmeras Varadero

Bungalow is somehow bigger and as it is in the middle of a lush garden, has a specific atmosphere. The Junior Suite has nothing special.

BUT Bungalow is more distant from the main building, beach, so needs some walk. Junior suite is inside the main buliding. Might be noisy

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Palmeras Varadero

We, a family of 3, stayed in a two bedroom bungalow and loved it. Luckily we were right beside the hotel, yes some are a ways away and require a walk but hey, you're on holidays..... a little walk won't kill ya !

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Palmeras Varadero

HI you are lucky we are home from there 4 weeks wish we where there right now going back on the 7th may, lol Gail it is an awfull walk in the heat but I am lazy I love the suites in the hotel and if it rain's like it did in October 2008 we got soaking wet lol...... the hotel is great have a great time.. Ann

napolitan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Palmeras Varadero

I was there in late august, the hotel rooms show their age..Its ok but nothing great...The lobby and room a/c didnt work so when I was their u would lay their and sweat...As for the beach the best there no coral...food good...At the desk they are rude but the entertainers are nice and workers.

5. Re: Sol Palmeras Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 06:26