We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero hotels ???

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varadero hotels ???

Plan to leave for a short holiday on the 26 th of December. Was looking for a decent place and noticed a lot of varadero available and was wondering why. Checked many complaints of this forum for all varadereo hotels, now probably looking to ge to Dominican Republic, Is the quality of varadero hotels going downhills or what..

Thanks for the input.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero hotels ???

Hmmm

Maybe just the tour operators that you are checking still have avaiability.

I would jump on what you like as it may sell quickly.

Christmas/NYE are probably one of the busiest times in Varadero.

Mardi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero hotels ???

Is it possible that you are looking at all the 3 star hotels? I think alot of people like the very cheap costs and then complain. You get what you pay for.

With the many hotels in Varadero I find it hard to generlize.

DR and Cuba are 2 very different countries.

Edited: 15 December 2009, 11:45
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero hotels ???

I was looking a 4 stars. Last time I went to Cuba it was at the BLAU and it was magnificient. I was checking on trip advisot French and English and I find the comments in english much more critical. But it's as usual From Great to horrible. It always depends on one's point of view.

So I will probably try the Palma Real. Thank's

Serges

4. Re: Varadero hotels ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2010, 05:17