We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

eastern ontario
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Topic
Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

Hey folks. its 330 in the morning and we just got in...actually locked ourselves out of the house cuz we forgot to bring the house keys...duhhhh...it was snowing lightly and i had to wait in the car with my bathing suit still on cuz i couldnt tear myself away from the beach until the last minute...kept my capris in my carry on bag! Luckilly my husband found the extra housekey...but oh well...im not complaining. Even the flight delay of 5 hours afforded us the chance to make some new friends in the airport...its all good! We stayed at Cuatro Palmas and let me tell you...i was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews before we left...but i would absolutely stay at Cuatro Palmas over anywhere else when im in Varadero...the place was everything i needed and more. The food tasty, the beach was incredible...and the hotel centrally located...we stayed in the 'worst block' apparently...the 4000's...we thought we had no hot water and the hair dryer was broken until we realized we didnt read the instructions and had the faucet turned the wrong way...totally our fault! It was basic and no frills, but the room was clean, the shower (once you tweak it to get the right temp) was actually quite refreshing and there were no little worms coming out of the drain! Ugh! Sure there are things i could complain about but why...i was sitting on the beach in the Carribean in the middle of January...what is there to complain about! Staff were so friendly and patient with my lack of espanol and if they werent openly friendly its cuz they were busy...the hotel is centrally located to go on the excursions or just walk around; we took the double decker bus and saw all the other resorts and they look nice too but i didnt feel deprived in anyway...Cuatro Palmas was well maintained and no garbage anywhere except the odd plastic cup thrown on the beach cuz folks couldnt get up and walk to the many terra cotta garbage receptacles...and the entertainmen troupe tried really hard every night to put on a good show...always different. Ive never seen anyone play the maracaas as good as the guy in the lobby... Not lots of english speaking but i got by with lots of Hola's and Gracias's...and enjoyed being immersed into a new language... and i would without a doubt go there again! No question. Overall...i am throuroughly smitten with Varadero and can't wait to book for next year. Buenos Noches!

Toronto
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

Just wanted to say, I loved your post! Sounds like you had a great time. reminds me of one of the times we went to Holguin and I had to hurry to catch the bus with all the friends we made bidding us farewell. You did what you set out to do... have great vacation in a wonderful setting with no silly little complaints! Excellent.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
980 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

Cuatra Palmas is on my radar. What a great location & nice beach. Glad you enjoyed it.

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

We had a similar wonderful experience at Hotel Club Kawama last week. Can't wait to go back sometime!

4. Re: Just home from Varadero...am booking again ASAP for next yea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 05:16