We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero Town

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero Town

Are there any photos posted that give a feel of the town of Varadero? I would like to get some idea of what to expect. Shops, bars, market stalls, buses, beach bars etc.

Lorraine

eastern ontario
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero Town

Our hotel was one of the first in the strip closest to Varadero Beach whereas all the other bigger resorts were further down (or up?) the road...and would definately need a bus or taxi to get to any of the shops nearest me. We just got back yesterday so my advice is from observation only...but i would say Varadero isnt really a town so much as a resort area...basically down either side of a main road. I'd say take the double decker bus (5 pesos per person) where you can hop on and hop off for the day, and you can visit all the little shops along the way. There is a huge flea market ( i bought most of my souvenirs there; some were quite unique) and a few little gift shops and restaurants along the way...but i would advise you to take the excursion into the city of Matanzas...we went on that tour of the town plus it takes you to the Bellamar Caves...that was a great way to spend the mornng then we got to spend the rest of the day at the beach! You should have people at your hotel that can advise you...this trip cost us 27 CUC per person and the bus picks you up at the door! Plus you stop for a Pina Colada on the way home...

Toronto
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero Town

To answer your question about "Shops, bars, market stalls, buses, beach bars etc". Yes, its all there.

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero Town

Hi Lorainne,

I am the same....I like to see pics....I have heard many good things, but still nice to see a pic or two

cheers

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero Town

lppwrth & trip-together:

Here are 2 links that will give you an idea of Varadero and what is on and off the main strip. If you zoom in closer you can see the different resorts. If you click on certain resorts (not all of them), another page will come up with some pics & information about that particular resort.

Hope this helps you both out. :-)

cuba-junky.com/photo-gallery/…

wikimapia.org/…b

Edited: 26 January 2010, 22:31
Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero Town

Hi Deb...

I love the wika map....I have seen it before...but as I get to know more about the Varadero...it seems mor einteresting:)

I wanted some snap shots I guess of the town....

It looks like the plaza americanas is near the golf course and not on the main road....I thought it was closer to the town

anyway...thanks for helping us out:)

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero Town

There are lots of videos on you tube that show the town of Varadero.

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero Town

Hi bandito...I never thought of that.....I will look into it tonight...thanks for the suggestion.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Varadero Town

Here are a couple of excellent links via YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlTmB3v_ZJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajYHbcMqrLA

IBEROSTAR Tainos Resort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MYp9QRXok

Dartmouth, Nova...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Varadero Town

thanks so much....I didn't mean to "highjack" the thread....just wanted to say thank-you again though..the second video really does show some of the market area and Varadero that I have been wondering about....

thanks again

10. Re: Varadero Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:18