We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

British Columbia
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

We leave in a week for Varadero - Hotel Villa Cuba for 2 weeks. The latest reviews are terrible and prior to that they were good.......... yes I know, take it with a grain of salt, but I am a tad concerned....... we will go with an open mind and hope for the best!

We have had email contact with the reservations lady - her email assured us a great villa with king size bed - so we will cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,403 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

keep calm! anytime in cuba is a good time. especially with snow and cold coming! a lot of these reviews are from silly people. thinking of starting the silliest review or funniest silliest review of the week review! lol. carol e.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Put a smile on your face.......it's a very nice resort.........close to town, staff are friendly...........great location.........we were ther last year, and would not hesitate to go there again. ENJOY...and forget the negative reviews..... from negative people......

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Went through the hotel last week. Would'nt hesitate to stay there.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Jcab, when I book with a local travel agent, she says that Villa Cuba gets rave reviews and lots of repeat visitors. I have yet to try it but it is definitely one I am looking at. I think one of the things this resort offers is walking distance into Varadero, which to me, having been there a few times now is very important. I have an elderly friend who travels there on her own every year from Toronto, and she is always happy with this resort. You might want to PM will-sandy who have been to a few resorts now within the Varadero town area, as they seem to really favor the Villa Cuba, if I remember correctly.

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Hey Jcad,

These people have the right advise, negetive reviews from negetive people, or pampered princesses expecting the best because they "paid for it". Go with an open mind, opne heart, and an thirst :P haha. I really wouldn't care what people say, unless EVERYONE says it. Ya dig?

I am leaving in a week for Hotel Villa Cuba as well (Friday 19th) but just for the week. I am looking forward too this sooo much.

Just look for the guy that everyone calls "Goose" lol, we'll have to have a drink or three...

Are you planning on doing any excursions? I am planning on doing the jeep safari. relatively cheap, and looks like a blast.

cheers mate,

\YoVoy

Fredericton
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Calm down, Hotel Villa Cuba is not as bad as the reviews read. Most people are just bitter cause of their own bad experience. You are very close to down as well as beside Barcelo Solymar and Arenas Blancas which are nice resorts too.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Ok - thanks everyone - you renewed my hope that not everyone in life is negative! We do not have huge expectations at all - so will likely find it just fine in the first place! We are not high maintenance! We picked that resort for many reasons .

VovoyaCuba - yes we plan to do the overnight Havanna for sure, and haven't decided on other excursions yet.

Looking forward to it all - hope the weather cooperates! 6 sleeps!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Hi,

One more thing...I am sure that many guests of that resort don't know this....when going to the beach, take the walkway on the left of the pool...when almost at the beach, a connecting walkway joins in from the left, at the end of this walkway, there is a fence, separating the hotel grounds from the Las Morlas, well, there is a gift store right there. they usually carry some nice items.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Puritos

thanks for the tip - I will check it out for sure!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving in a week - horrible reviews

Hi,

One more thing........every evening from 6pm to 1am ( if I remember correctly) go to the top floor of the hotel....there is a bar up there that over looks Varadero.....the most beautiful, fantastic sunsets you will ever see....the windows are open (windows all around) the drinks are great and a truly spectacular view.......great memories.......