We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

First time to Cuba coming up in a few weeks. I'm looking at Accuweather and it's showing some pretty cool temps through to the end of February.

I'm wondering what to expect in terms of highs and lows for mid March so I can pack accordingly.

I will pack warm weather clothing and cool weather clothing, but what's typical at this time of year.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

My wife and I were in Varadero last march towards the last week and temps were between 25-34C during the day but it did cool down nicely at night to around mid twenties...

We worried about cool temps and rain forecast by "ACCU" weather and were very pleasently suprized when the only rain we got was an hour BEFORE we landed and the cool temps were only at night and weren`t sub zero like here at home at the time. I do believe that the end of march signals the start of the dry seaon in Cuba so should be bright sunny and hot so enjoy.

Hope this helps..

CHEERS

Edited: 18 February 2010, 22:03
Fredericton
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

Its fairly chilly right now but it should start to brighten up the start of march and have temps around the 25-30C area

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

manyboys..,I always go around the 20th of March for 2 weeks..,it has always been Hot..,somedays it can get rather windy,so the beaches can be "red flagged" (water is to rough to swim in) but I have never yet had what I would call cool or chilly.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

Thanks for your replies everyone.

We're wondering if this is typical for this time of year. Is it usually this cool or is it just this particular year? The weather is wonky all over the place it seems but as long as it's going to warm up, I'm happy.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

typical for january is 23 to 25, so no, this is not the norm.

March the average is around 28. In march and april the

amount of days where rain exceeds 3mm is only 3.

i think you'll be fine

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

Hi

If you look at the chart on this site you will see the averages for temperature rainyday, rainfall etc

December, Jan, feb and March are the dry season.

http://www.gocuba.ca/client/info/index.php

Remember these are averages so mid point between hot and cold of the day in Temperature.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

…sympatico.ca/TravelFeatures/…

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

According the the radar on that weather site, there is a stupid cloud sitting over Varadero right now!!! At least the temps are going up and not down...;-)

9. Re: What are typical temperatures in Varadero mid March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 06:19