Just a note to warn people about an Air Canada Vacations.
We booked Feb 12-19th in Varadero Cuba. Iberostar Playa Amelda .
Iberostar Resort in Playa Amelda Rated 4.5 - I would rate it a 2.3
-Cocroaches in room - I was on cockroach watch at nights
- Food Poisioning laid us up for three days along with numerous
other guests including a bridal party from Saint John
- Food variety very poor - Pork or Chicken. Pork was not cooked
properly. There were long line ups for Spagetthi because it was
safe to eat
- Room was dirty - Crack fill patching in different areas
- Beds were like sleeping on plywood- Cheap Mattresses
- Satellite TV - 5 television stations 1 that you could watch (HBO)
remainder in Spanish two of which had soccer all day
- Warm water shower first two days - Cold after that
- Grounds were very messy not well manicured
- Pools were dirty and/or not working
- Lack of medical staff on site when needed .
- Entertainment was poor
- Air Canada ran out of food on the planes both coming to and
- Weather was cloudy/rainy all week (no fault of hotel)
-Little to do but read