We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking comment in reviews....

Guelph
Level Contributor
160 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking comment in reviews....

'The people complaining about smoking should give their head a shake, all area's are open air so if you don't like seeing people smoke then go somewhere else cause you sure did not smell it, it is open air. Everyone paid the same amount, smokers and non smokers, drinkers and non drinkers but I am not complaining about the excess drinking and it is a big resort so remove yourself from the situation if you don't like it.'

The above was taken from a recent review on a Veradero resort. When I read this I became mad to what this person wrote which makes me feel I need to comment. As an EX smoker of 9.5 years I was always very considerate of MY habit and felt obligated to smoke away from my peers so I would not risk their health. How can you compair drinking and smoking? People can DIE from second hand smoke....but please please, feel free to sit beside me and drink your alcohol because I will not die from your drinking bit I could by your smoking. Oh, and don't forget, in the hot humid weather your smoke just makes a cloud of haze around everyone. I don't care to see you smoke and I CAN smell your smoke. Ignorant smokers should be banned from all areas and be the ones to leave and smoke elsewhere. Resorts should get on board with the rest of society and create designated smoking areas.

Thank-you

Edited: 03 March 2010, 15:54
Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Here we go ............

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Time for bed !!

ottawa
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

there are smoke free resorts... help yourself!!!!

Edited: 03 March 2010, 17:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Yeah... lets just ban the sale of all cigarettes.... oh wait..... tax revenue anybody?

Mark :-)

Edited: 03 March 2010, 17:52
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

And Cuba is famous for .......... oh yeah CIGARS !!!!!!!!!

Smoke where you like but always be kind to the non smokers and when they come and sit beside you , then whine about the smoke just move away .

LENNY

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

This is such a simple issue I can't believe it ever warrants discussion.

Smokers should enjoy their habit in designated areas where non-smokers don't have to breath the second hand smoke. Simple.

What's the big deal.

Cheers,

Terry

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Yawn......... I USED to smoke and could never stand the sh*te us smokers got, I now hate the smell of smoke, but if someone is smoking outside well so be it, I can move just as easy as they can...RIGHT!

PEI
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Scancwood-i don't know the stats but we both might be surprised at the number of people injured and killed by drunk drivers.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

C'mon people, smarten up. Last trip, I'm at the beach and fire up a cigar... I happen to overhear a lady complain to her friend about it. I ask her if it bothers her, she says yes, I say no problem, I go stand somewhere else (at the bar) and come back later - easy! We're friends for the rest of the week, no problem... I'm not out to ruin anyone's vacation - common sense, right?

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking comment in reviews....

Is it over yet ?