We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

I'm just about ready to book for mid-April and having such a difficult time deciding! What's your favorite 4**** in Varadero? We're 3 adults - early 30s, enjoy pool & beach, decent food, nice rooms, entertainment/bars at night (but no into an all night party scene!).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

Melia Varadero hands down...Good food,nice pool...beach is not as wide as farther down the peninsula, but was ok for us...Right beside the Las Americas mall...Nice piano bar at night...no big party scene...Rooms were great...would go back in a heartbeat...

Safe Travels...J

tripadvisor.ca/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

Breezes Bella Costa. The PPDM is my go to when travelling as couples, but whenever I go with my girlfriends it's the Bella Costa. Gorgeous beach and pool, great variety of food and a great crowd, both staff and guests!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

I loved the Blau. Great for beach walking. You can walk in 40 minutes of sand each direction before you hit a rock wall. . A 24hr beach bar away from the hotel.Good mix of people and I didn't see too many familys or kids.No drunken college crowd when I was there.Lots of mature singles because of the single supp price. Good food,nice large pool,compact resort so minimal walking. 8 minute tram,beach bus, or taxi ride to Varadero. Unique clientele for Cuba, and some the best views in all of Varadero. Who wants to pay good money for a holiday and look at a bush or shrub when you can have a ocean,pool,people watching,and sunset view from your room. Its like being on a cruise ship except instead of having an inside cabin,(like most Varadero rooms) you have an outside room with balcony.

I loved looking out over the 13 story atrium and checking out the 'views' from the 2 lobby bars. The Mambo night club is next door.

The Blau is rated high. If you want a 4 star hotel with a 5 star experience, maybe try the Blau.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

It seems I can't find any trips on Selloffvacations or Tripcentral to the Blau in April out off Ottawa!?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,755 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

Sirenis La Salina is also a nice place to go on vacation very clean room great grounds 2 good pools decent food and we allways have a good time there .

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

I second the Blau, nothing short of Fantastic.

Were going again April 23-30 and their booked solid.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

Barcelo Solymar - a very good resort in an excellent location with a gorgeous beach.

Chestermere
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

sunnysouth, watch for the prices on tripcentral and go back and forth between that sight and trip advisor, after all it is your holiday and I find this works the best, it gives you the overall pricing.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

I second the Sirenis la Salina - fantastic resort, very large but if that doesn't bother you - its a great place!!

Having said that, I have not visited any other resorts in Varadero - but we are headed back to SLS next year for a wedding!!

Edited: 22 March 2010, 14:37
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite 4**** in Varadero?

My pick is Breezes Bella Costa. The beach is AMAZING.