We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time difference- flight changes

cardiff UK
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
time difference- flight changes

due to the time changing this year in Cuba meaning that they are -4 hrs time difference to the UK nstead of -5, your flights will have chnaged. I rang my travel agent Thomas Cook ( shop) who denied this saying there computers hadnt changed but their website is saying different. We arrive in Varadero an hour later but land in Gatwick an hour earlier

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time difference- flight changes

You mention your arrival times. Did your departure times change?

cardiff UK
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time difference- flight changes

sorry, our dept time from Britain is the same but our arrival at Varadero is an hour later and our dept from Varadero is an hour earlier and we arrive at Britain an hour earlier

Mentioned in this post
uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time difference- flight changes

I am just back from Varadero. I was also unaware of the change in return flights until I went to check the day before leaving Varadero. I was told that I would be picked up an hour later from the hotel and my return flight would depart an hour later. This could affect people who have arranged ongoing flights as was the case with myself. I was a bit annoyed that I hadn't been notified of this by my travel agent.

Mentioned in this post