We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Which would you pick? Palma Real is $90 more? Is it worth it?

Been to Palma Real and loved it! Should I stick with what I know, or save a few bucks and try something new?!

Edited: 02 April 2010, 03:17
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Hi,

From what I have read, and from people who have stayed at both....I would say Palma Real for sure.........the only drawback, is that the beach is across the street, whereas Puntarena is on the beach.....I have been in both...looking around and would PR.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Palma Real has the better location. Its no big deal that you have to walk 2-3 minutes to the beach.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

It's location,location,location.............And Palma Real wins hands down.You've already stayed there,so you know it's no big deal to cross the street.

Go with what you know,and enjoy the PR again.Stayed there twice so far, love it!

Enjoy,

dogsrule

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Thanks for the help!

I was leaning towards Palma Real and I think this just sealed the deal! I'm also taking a first timer, she has heard all my great stories about Palma Real so wants to try it!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

An excellent spot for a first timer,so close to park,Calle 62,shopping and good restaurants.....I've spent 4 weeks at Palma Real.....love it there.

Going to try Club Tropical from April 17-24th,it'll be my 6th Varadero hotel!

Enjoy,

dogsrule in the Valley!

Burlington
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Stayed at both Palma is hands down the best of teh 2 and well worth teh extra $90.00 going back to palma again May 13th

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

Location is much better at the Palma Real and worth the extra $90. The beach is much nicer too.

8. Re: Puntarena or Palma Real?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:17