We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Topic
“ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Hello everyone, I'm needing help in making a decision as to which resort to stay at in the beginning of June for 1 week. So far the 2 resorts that we are considering are the Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero.

1) What is the weather like in June, also is it cool in the evenings?

2) Is there a fridge in all of the rooms?

3) What is supplied in the fridge?

4) Do they have diet cola or pepsi?

5) Will there be jelly fish at the beginning of June?

6) Are there any places close by to go to outside of the resort?

7) How long is the bus tour into Havana?

8) Are there different tours into Havana? One that includes the Tropicana show and one that is a daytime trip?

9) What are the costs for the bus tours into Havana?

10) Any suggestions as to the pro or cons of either resort?

Thank you so much for your help.

1. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 16:05
Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Help support small family owned travel agencies !!!!

you're not going to get much support by spamming various threads

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Before worrying about details like what kind of pop they have you need to first look at the big picture and realize that you're comparing two utterly different properties with almost nothing in common.

1.) Blau Varadero is over a dozen stories high with almost 400 rooms. It has 5 restaurants and 3 other bars/cafes. It's in Varadero, a Cuban town of almost 10,000 local residents who have serviced millions of tourists. With that many tourists there's obviously a lively off-resort nightlife with a myriad of restaurant, bar, nightclub, etc. choices.

2.) Breezes Jibacoa has only 250 rooms in 2 story blocks. It has a buffet and a couple of restaurants. It's in an isolated location in the middle of nowhere half way between Varadero and Havana.

This will give you an ideas of excursions and prices out of Varadero:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147275-c60658/Varade…

Cheers,

Terry

4. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 16:35
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Jessica, the only ignorant person here thus far is you.

Your post added nothing whatsoever to the discussion. The Blau Varadero and the Breezes Jibacoa are COMPLETELY different properties yet you made no attempt whatsoever to explain this, or to find out what kind of vacation the OPer was looking for. That's Travel Agent 101 and you failed miserably.

Secondly, you failed to read the Guidelines for Posting here. If you had you would discover that self-promotion, advertisements and solicitation from businesses is prohibited. Read this:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Instead of jumping in with a useless post that helps no one, why not try to be a positive addition to the forum?

Cheers,

Terry

I hope Trip Advisor leaves your post up, but they'll likely delete you shortly. Too bad, useless posting like you've demonstrated should be left up for everyone to see.

Edited: 06 April 2010, 15:57
Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Thank you Terry for giving me some info on the 2 resorts that I am asking about. Out of the 5 responses that I received you are the only one who responded to my questions, as to the others that are nitpicking at each other please do private messages to each other and not on my posting. I REALLY AM TRYING TO FIND OUT INFORMATION AND I WOULD PREFER THAT YOU DID YOUR ARGUING SOMEWHERE ELSE. Thank you.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
796 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

5054, I have a little bit of input for you. My husband and I and our best friends went to Breezes Jibacoa a couple of years ago. We loved it. If you search way back you could find my review. It all depends on what kind of holiday you want. It is quiet but in saying that there is a local 5 piece band that plays there quite often and we adored them. Akaray was their name I believe. The beach isn't the greatest for walking but awesome for snorkelling. I'm not sure about jellyfish in June. There is a daily tour up a very large hill to visit a local farmer and have a great view of the resort. Not much to do outside the resort. There are trips into Havana. We went on a day tour but there are also tours that include Tropicana. Either way, I recommend a visit to Havana. Yes, I do believe there was diet pop. As for what is in the fridge, a couple extra pesos goes a long way for getting extra . Water, pop and beer is it though.

We have been to Veradero as well and loved it. It was nice because you can get into town so easily. We stayed at Iberostar Playa Alameda which we quite liked but it isn't getting good reviews right now. We aren't fussy people so we don't complain about much. Veradero is much more of a party place but you can find more quiet resorts there too. It all depends on what you're looking for.

I hope this helps a bit.

Adios !

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

We vacation at Jibacoa annually and have been for 10 years now BUT we go there because of the snorkeling which is a very high priority activity for OUR vacation enjoyment. We also like the small size and low building structure of both Jibacoa resorts (Breezes & Cameleon) as high rise hotels just don't appeal to us. Both Jibacoa resorts are very popular with Canadians so they tend to lack the international flavour many Varadero resorts offer.

Jibacoa is remote so if the weather doesn't co-operate for water sports, there are fewer activity options except for those offered/organized by the resort. Havana is one hour away and they offer three different guided tours- a day trip, a day trip including the evening Tropicana show, and an overnight trip in Havana. Despite it's age, the Breezes Jibacoa is well maintained, clean, with friendly staff and decent food.

We also enjoy vacationing in Varadero, just not in resorts that are like a hi-rise. For a first timer to Cuba, Varadero has many advantages in that there are so many things to do and explore off the resort:- Josone Park, Calle 62, Ecology reserve, the craft markets, a small museum,- to name but a few. Similar trips to Havana are also offered from Varadero but you have to add an extra hour of traveling time.

For a first timer to Cuba who is not especially interested in snorkeling every day, all day long like we do, then I'd recommend going to Varadero. Unfortunately I can't comment on the Blau Varadero resort as we haven't stayed there.

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Thank you so much for the recent replies.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: “ First timer to Cuba! Breezes Jibacoa or Blau Varadero ”

Haven't been to Jibacoa, but as others have said, it is more or less in the middle of nowhere. However, I have been to the Blau, and can confirm that it is very nice, one of the top places in Varadero (I have stayed in 3 other hotels). If this is your first trip to Cuba, you might find that you like being closer in to the town, as the Blau is way down the peninsula. I really like the Palma Real, which I would describe as cheap and cheerful, but if you want something more up-market, you could try the Barcelo Solymar. I must say that I really like being able to walk into the town of Varadero. A stay at the Blau requires a 10 CUC taxi to get to town.