We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Slow is Varadero in June?

Toronto
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How Slow is Varadero in June?

Hey guys, i'm thinking about heading to varadero in june, I have been 5 or 6 times now, but never in June. Is this the slowest month there? How does it compare to November where it was completely empty last year, or Sept not too bad, or feb rammed and jammed?

Thanks

Niagara...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

We are going then too, and I wondered the same thing!

Staying at Melia las Americas~what about you?

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

It depends a bit on which resort you've chosen.

Many senior high school students and university students tend to go on all-inclusive vacations as part of their grad celebrations which makes some resorts very lively.

Generally speaking though, a lot of Canadians tend to stay closer to home by June to enjoy what our country offers once the weather is more favourable around here.

Toronto
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

Staying at Sol Sirenas and Coral

ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

We are going to Melia las americas May 31/10 for two weeks. Looking forward to a good time and good weather.

Toronto
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

yeah Im just hoping its extremely hot and suicide hot, very little to no rain and that Varadero isnt a ghost town.

I went in Nov 2009 and everywhere was empty, I've never seen it so empty before.

VaraderoNorth
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

Was there last June for a week was the best week i have had not real busy but i partied with my Cuban friends and Russians I met at resort...real hot day and night just jump in the pool

VaraderoNorth
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

Was there last June for a week was the best week i have had not real busy but i partied with my Cuban friends and Russians I met at resort...real hot day and night just jump in the pool

hamilton
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

I was there last year in the first week in June and noticed that a lot of the hotels were operating at 50% capacity and not all of the clubs and disco's were open at this time of year.

But no problems with line up's and finding beach chairs, if you are more into kicking back and relaxing. The weather was hot, 32-34c everyday!

guelph
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

It's busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest. :))))

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Slow is Varadero in June?

Hola

I've been in every month except September ...

There is always something to do. As mentioned some resorts have there ups and downs in clients and chances are if you got a real cheap package it will be lighter than usual. Different countries have different travel preferences and seems the folks from UK, europe, south and central american travel to cuba more in the summer months. Even the choices or resorts, there seems to be preference there as well.

Where as from Canada, packages from certain areas are none existant and you have to travel to Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal to get a flight.

Mardi