We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Halifax
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Going to IV April 23 for our son's wedding. Just wondering if we need an adaptor for the room?

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Here's a list for almost all the resorts in Cuba hope this helps you out

debbiesreviews.proboards.com/index.cgi…

jrd
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Hi there

you need an adapter for the room, but the reception can charge things for you.

We just got back from IB, this was our second visit. I see you're from Halifax leaving on the 23. I have a friend that works at the hotel I would like to send her a little gift for her son, do you think we can hook up, I live right in the city.

Thanks

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Just checked the link above for the Iberostar Tainos it just states 220v. It does not say what kind of plug is needed, round pin or flat pin.

Anyone know the answer please.

Lorraine

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,023 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

lppwrth:

Check out my Inside page on Electricity which explains it all. For a UK holidaymaker either adapter will do:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c104286/Cub…

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
56 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

Bellagio's page is an excellent guide.

My input extracted from my fuller IV review is:

The voltage is 220v, similar to the UK, but they use two pin continental round plugs. There are two types of round pins, when taking adaptors, take the ones with the thinner pins as they fit the sockets well. The thicker pins will go in, but I’m not sure if they are supposed to as it’s a tight fit.

All sockets are marked very clearly with their voltage above the socket. The bathrooms have a 110v socket, once again, clearly marked as such.

I understand that Canada uses 110v, so you may require a converter (as opposed to a simple adapter which does not step down the voltage) if your equipment isn't dual voltage or else as Bellagio rightly says, if you plug it in to a 220V socket, it'll just get fried.

6. Re: Adaptor at Iberstar Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:23