We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Nanaimo, BC
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Who's heading to Cuba in Febraury? What can I expect? Weather good? Bad?

Toronto
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

I'm going then! Well, I hope I'll be able to find something available as a solo traveller! I need to know my course schedules, which don't come out until January, before I can book. I'm sure I'll probably find something, but hopefully it'll be along the lines of what I'd like. I definitely want to be on Varadero Beach though.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

My Girlfriend & I will be in Cayo Coco on Feb.26- Mar.5.staying at Melia Cayo Guilermo.This is my first trip too Cuba.Counting days now......98 more sleeps!!!

Leaving from Halifax.

Kerry
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hey Cubagirl,

Myself and my wife to be are staying at Sandals Royal Hicacos from Feb 21-March 4 and in Havana for 2 nights 4-6 March. The weather should be dry and temps should average at 24-26 Celcius and can reach up to 30 Celcius. Bring a warm sweater for the evenings though, it can get cool at night time, especially if you get sun burnt.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hi Cubagirl23,

We are going to Varadero for Feb.19 to Feb 26. We will be staying at Playa Alameda. It will be our first time in Cuba.

Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hey Kays.. We will be at the Playa Alameda from Feb19th to March 5th. It will be our 2nd time to this resort (you will enjoy) As far as the weather goes it can be a hit and miss thing. The first time we went to Varadero it was very hot the last year we had one great week of weather then the 2nd was actually COLD. But again it can be colder than -25C here in Ottawa. I think you should be fine as far as the weather goes!

ontario
Level Contributor
354 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

cubagirl23

Was in Varadero the end of February last year and am returning to the Play Alameda February 23 for two weeks.Like you ronnieboy we realy enjoyed this resort as well! See ya on the beach! :=)

Not knowing the weather I took along a couple of light" hoodies" to wear in case the evening was chilly and actually did wear them once in the eve and once during the early morn on a windy day.

Can't hurt to pack somthing just in case! Just returned from Varadero on saturday and never needed them however had packed one just in case.

Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hawgirl....How was Varadero. Is there anyway I could contact u via email?

ontario
Level Contributor
354 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hey ronnieboy

Varadero was fantastic! Only one bad weather day.Have to admit i was a bit worried at going in November and esp with the negative posts from the sites "weather man". lol's.

Don't mind sharing my email.

rsmry_b@yahoo.ca

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

Hey Ronnieboy,

Say that you have been at the Playa Alameda a few times. We going from February 19th to the 26th. Could you tell me if the beach water is nice and clear or if there is alot of rocks and seeweeds?

Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone going to Varadero, Cuba in February?

we are going on he 19th as well. Who are u flying with? The only time we saw seaweed was when there was a VERY stong wind and large waves...otherwise no problems beach was nice. The beach appeared to be grromed daily to get rid of any junk that would float ashore