We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

Hi there, wondering how many of us out there that are interested in traveling Single. Lots of Cuba resorts seem to have 'no single suplement' from mid May to mid July. Has anyone found a reasonably priced 4star or up that has a good amount of singles during this time and with this age group?

Maybe Trip advisor should do GROUPS... or EVENTS like facebook?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

Yes...the singles suplement OUCH... I am married but happen to be going to Iberostar Varadero for 2 weeks solo in July.. I didn't pay much attention as there was no "added supplement". A friend asked me how much I was "dinged" for going solo, I checked the rate for the same dates for 2 weeks... I am paying just shy of $700 more than it would have been for 2 people per person. Ouch.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

Yes, I see how you can get dinged for that. http://www.nolitours.com on the side bar have a 'single' section. The resorts they list on there dont charge extra if you are alone. Something to look at for sure. So the resorts can be found for sure. Hope you have a great trip!

Toronto
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

When I'm looking for a place to stay, I always check out the "no supplement" places first. I don't mind paying a bit extra but OMG some of those supplement a crazy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

The single supplement in Cuba is still the lowest. I just looked at a hotel in Mexico.. single $3100 - 2 travelers - $3800 total ... now that is getting dinged big time.

Edited: 15 May 2010, 15:20
Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

Lesab......all I can say is OUCH.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

I second the OUCH.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

I travelled solo for the first time in my life in March to Playa Blanca in Cayo Largo and found the cost very high however, the Staff were just amazing that the holiday was worth every penny. Was surprised at how many Guests there had travelled Solo. Loved it so much that I went back with my Hubby for our 30th anniversary, just got back and would love to go again.

Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

I am looking into going to Sandals Royal Hicocas any time after May 24th for 11 days. Not sure how to check what they would be charging me for single. Are you calling a travel agent? When I put in Single online, it comes up with a not available message. what am I doing wrong? Also I see some of these deals still posted, but when you try to book them you keep getting the msg that there is no flight found? Shouldn't these packages be off the list of available packages then?

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

First of all you need to make sure that there are 11 day packages, this will all depend on where you are flying from. You can research packages on line from places like Red Tag, Sears web, Escapes, Air Canada Vacations, Sunwing, etc. Just go through the process of booking and then you will know if there is a single supplement or, not.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Singles Travel... 45 to 55 age group to Cuba

I think that Sandals is a couples only resort, so would not be offered to singles. They may at times make exceptions , but not usually.