We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CUBA in july?

scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
CUBA in july?

who's all going to cuba in july? We leave from manchester in5 weeks time, second trip to cuba and so looking forward to it again.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CUBA in july?

Holy smokes, you Brits are nuts. Hot and Humid to the point of staying indoors the entire stay. Must be great price deals.

On the other hand, there are opportunities early in the morning and in the evenings after the bugs settle down.

There's a good breeze at the end of Hicacos peninsula around the Barcelo Marina Palace and Libertad, year round.

Towards town, wear shoes that don't melt.

You should have a great time and you will probably have the resort to yourselves.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CUBA in july?

I have been in July before and am going July 10th for 2 weeks. LOVE IT in July!!!!! the strip is very narrow.... nice breeze so you wont really feel the humidity in the day... at night.. well thats another story. I kid you not... buy one of those mini battery operated hand held fans at the dollar store... everyone at the Iberostar Varadero fans themselves with the bar menu at the evening entertainment in July... im bringing a fan this year... (gladly accept beeing goofy looking instead of a wet mess). Dont bother with the weather reports before you go...will just drive you nuts as it will probably show thundershowers... in July varadero is bound to have late evening showers on at least a couple of your nights however in the morning all will be clear , sunny and HOT.... enjoy...I know I will!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CUBA in july?

wanted to comment on the last poster... the resort I go to is packed in July... 60 percent europeans and 40 percent canadians

Coseley
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CUBA in july?

Hi I am going on the 9th from Manchester for the first time can't wait.

Rotterdam
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CUBA in july?

Hello,

We are leaving juli 3th to Varadero hotel Villa Cuba for two weeks. Only some more weeks working we are counting!!

Greetings you all from Holland.

Peter and Christina

scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CUBA in july?

We have been in july before, and it was great. Yes there were a couple of thunder storms, but as you say, these clear and leave us with yet more sunshine and hot weather. The beaches are fantastic, the sea is clear blue and the suntan we come home with is enviable! Cant wait to get there now, roll on july!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CUBA in july?

I'm going on 9th July from Manchester too! Am staying at the Blau, just can't wait now!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CUBA in july?

July and August can be surprisingly busy - as you can see, many Europeans do go to Cuba for their summer holidays, and I know many Canadian families who also choose to go to Cuba to be guaranteed hot weather. Spending two weeks at the cottage with kids when it's cold and rainy is not any mom's idea of fun! From Canada, the prices are usually higher in July/August than in June.

And there are also bound to be Cuban families vacationing in Varadero (and not only in the Cuban-owned resorts, there were a few Cubans at the Laguna Azul last month when I was there).

And yes it's hot and humid, but it's not nearly as stifling as hot and humid days in the city!

So to all of you lucky people who are going to Cuba next month: ENJOY!!

Coseley
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: CUBA in july?

Hi We are staying at the Blau too.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: CUBA in july?

Villa Cuba July 3rd, can't wait