We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
June weather

We are arriving in Varadero on 17 June and was wondering about the weather forecasts? Currently they are showing a lot of rain/thunderstorms. I know its rainy season but is this likely to be for much of the day or just small brief downpours?

To be honest we dont care too much as we will be relaxed and chilling by the bar if it rains but I really dont want it to be a wash out 2 weeks.

Amy

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June weather

I don't look at the weather forecasts any more.....they always seem to forecast rain and thunderstorms for every day, but in reality it tends to be a passing shower/thunderstorm if anything. June is typically very hot and VERY humid, it is rainy season so you can certainly expect to see some rain, but at least it will be warmer than Glasgow rain!! :)

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June weather

wevare going on the 11th june hope it is very warm. where u staying were at the blau

margaret

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June weather

Wew went in May and it forcast thunderstorms for the first week on the internet we had one hour heavy rain on the Saturday one day of torential rain the day we went to havana and a thunderstorn on the way back from a trip for 20 mins that was it for two weeks the rest red hot although they did say June was the rainy month but hope it only shrt showers for you . We had a great time and the tan is fading fast where the British summer

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June weather

Sunburn and no rain in a short duration vacay.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
983 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June weather

Chance of thunderstorms ....sunny... anywhere from 32 - 34 . That's what you will see everyday for June.

I've gone a few times and love the weather. I don't want to jinx myself, leaving Saturday. but normally it storm and rain over night. Perhaps mid or late afternoon shower. Never had it rain all day for days. Sometimes it rains and the sun is still shining.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June weather

I was there last June and we only had one heavy rain storm that cleared and dried up quickly. We were there in april and the forecast showed rain most days and it only occured at night.

7. Re: June weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 05:16