We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about airport VIP

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Question about airport VIP

My flight leaves Varadero at 10:15pm... I suppose there won't be long lines... anyone still suggest the VIP would still be worth it or is it moreso to avoid long lines? Can I pay for the VIP at the airport or is this something I have to book through my rep at the hotel?

ont
Level Contributor
327 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about airport VIP

You can book V.i.P at the airport . We pre booked VIP once and when we arrived at the airport there was no line up at all. We have had many long lineups in the past so we thought we would book it in advance as it can get very hot standing in line.We just want the VIP because we do not like waiting in line for long periods.Some people also book it for the drinks and food which is not a bad idea if you plan to have a drink and eat at the airport. If you just do not like lineups wait and see what it is like when you get to the airport .

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about airport VIP

Our flight left at 10:30 arrived at the airport around 8:30 to a line up coming out the front doors we had prebooked our VIP, walked past the line to one with no one in it, got checked in, paid taxes - no line and through customs - no line. Just before customs was an airport official trying to encourage people to stay on the one side of the customs as it was so busy in the main area once you went through.

We went into our nice airconditioned VIP, had some drinks, sandwiches and relaxed on the funky green couches....

Always well worth it, espcially for the line ups and just in case of a delay - rather sit in comfort any day...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about airport VIP

Sold!

Thanks

laval
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about airport VIP

where can you buy it??

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about airport VIP

As written above, you buy the airport VIP at the airport, on the departures side. You can buy it from a rep from your tour operator, or from one of the VIP attendants (they wear green jackets, but any airport employee can direct you). Cost is 20 CUC per adult, 10 CUC for young children.

I really enjoyed the VIP lounge and would not hesitate to book it again... especially when the A/C isn't working too well in the rest of the airport!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about airport VIP

Thanks to some people we met at the resort who suggested we get the VIP leaving Cayo Coco......it was the best $20.00 cuc I've ever spent !!!!

It's the only way to go!!

We booked it thru our tour rep at the resort, walked into the airport passed everyone in line and we were in the VIP room in a matter of minutes.

It was beauitfully air conditioned....nice hot sandwiches and all you can drink. We also grabbed some bottled water and some snack's for the plane ride home.

I will be looking for that service from now on........

Go for it

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about airport VIP

IT is sweet. makes you feel like a movie star

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about airport VIP

Another alternative is to just skip the awful bus ride to the airport and stay at your hotel; the cab is 30-35 CUC and you can enjoy all the amenities at your hotel until the last minute. By the time you get to the airport the bus crowds are through - I've always just walked right up to the counter and kept sailing through all the other check points right to the boarding gate. Obviously don't stay back so long you hold up the plane, but 1-1 1/2 hrs (depending on how far down the strip your hotel is; the farther you are the earlier they pick you up) makes a massive difference and it ends up being cheaper than paying VIP.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about airport VIP

If you decide to stay at the resort until the last minute, keep in mind that your return flight could be early. That has happened to me several times, including last month, when we left about 45 minutes early. Good thing everyone was already at the airport!

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about airport VIP

also keep in mind, if the bus breks down and you miss your flight, its the tour operators problem; if you decide to taxi and the taxi breaks down or doesnt get you to the airport in time to clear everything, its your problem.