We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

fleetwood
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

HI, 4 of us have paid our deposit to stay in the Riu Varadero March 2011, does any one no when it will be open by this time?

Also any one been to Cuba recently is the complex close to the beach or not?

Thanks please comment !

montreal
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

Will it be open in March 2011 your guess is as good as mine as there is still lots of work to be done .

As for the resort beeing close to the beach well it will depend which building you will be staying as there is part of the resort close to the beach and part of the resort far from the beach .

By the way i took these pictures last week of the Riu Varadero .

…photobucket.com/albums/…

fleetwood
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

Thanks very much for those photos!

Are you on holiday there?

it does look like alot need doing 9months away before i go so hopefully should be done is it in a nice area?

And you said some parts are near the beach and some not how far are the furthest buildings to the beach?

And thanks again

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

Beefy, remember that March is the busiest month and can be party central in Varadero like Cancun and Panama city, with spring break high school and college groups even in those hotels. If the Riu is open it will make 2959 new rooms in that stretch of beach the last 3 years alone making it the Hong Kong of Varadero. All new 4 star hotels that people will want to go see along with the other ones that are close by and limited walking to the east of the SLS. Should make for interesting beach walks.

wikimapia.org/…b

montreal
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

The furthest buildings to the beach should take you around a good 10 minutes walking .

And by the way no im not in Cuba as i came back last friday .

solar1224 I never thought of that as these resorts are so close to each other as it will be like hell at these beaches as you say 2959 new rooms which means over 6000 people no way i will go there during high season as people will be on top of each other .

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

Hey, gat0, great pictures, but where are the workers?

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

WindsorTravel - - precisely!

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
840 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

We were at Sandals in Jan. and walked past there to Serenis one day to lose a pound of food or 2 and the resort has progressed a lot since then. As to where the workers are on the day we went up there they were working the tourists on the beach...selling seashells, trading or trying to trade peso's for cuc's and enquiring if we needed our sandals, sunglasses, t-shirts etc.

Hasta La Vista

montreal
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

WindsorTraveller LOL they were hiding from the sun .

9. Re: we are planning to stay in the RIU Varadero March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 06:16