We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Oshawa Ontario...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

We returned from SLS on the 16th of June. We had really enjoyed our vacation, travelled with 3 children 7, 5 and 5 months.

At home doing our post trip laundry, I started noticing missing items. When we are away, once clothes are worn, they go back into a suitcase, ready for home. Never had a problem before. Most missing items were my 5 year old sons. Someone sorted through our dirty laundry, taking whatever they wanted. I feel disgusted that someone would steal from a child. I should mention that we locked our suitcases in our hotel room when we went home and none were broken when we got home.

I just feel it is important to be careful wherever you are, I hate to think I should lock a suitcase full of dirty laundry.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Sorry to read about your loss of clothing laurieand tom....Kinda sad that people steal there when most tourists give alot when they are down there including Cuc's as tips....In all our trips not just to Cuba we have been fortunate not to have anything stolen from our room or luggage...

Safe Travels...jimmy

2. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 13:05
montreal
Level Contributor
11,283 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

CubaFun123 Hey whats with you now if you go to a good resort nothing will be missing right and yes i have been to this cheap resort and just came back and as allways nothing missing and had a great time and would recomend this place to any of my friends as these things happen at any resort so to say this is typicall of a cheap resort don,t you think your exaggerating.........

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Wow Cubafun 123 - do you really think that way, or are you just trying to stir the pot?!

LaurieandTom: I have the same system: dirty clothes in the suitcase... and it would have never crossed my mind to lock the suitcase full of dirty clothes... Having clothing (or anything else) stolen is not a fun experience, it happened to me at a Sol Melia resort as well - a couple of my son's onesies and one of his hats were taken... And the worse part is if the person who stole them would have asked me for them, I would have gladly have given them!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

That comment was sooooooooooo far out in left field it borders on total ignorance of any understanding of the problem at all !!!!!

LENNY

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Whether you agree or disagree with Cubafun 123's opinion it's ridiculous that the mods deleted his post. It broke no posting guidelines whatsoever.

I'm really tired of seeing posts deleted simply because it's a controversial opinion. Differing opinions keep a Discussion Forum alive and useful.

Cheers,

Terry

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Sorry to hijack this thread as its sad and very disappointing that something like this could/would happen. Its just not Cuba, it happens everywhere. Terry I agree with your statements re TA moderators. In my opinion because of that many very knowledgeble people(Steve yyz, Mardi,GOM, and others whos names I forgot) have left or have been banished from this forum. Yes some could be brash in there comments but they had a wealth of information to give to people traveling to Cuba. JMHO

Cheers

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,867 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

Yes, it is a disappointment to have things stolen anywhere, for sure.

I agree, Terry & Bergerman. It is frustrating to have posts deleted as it takes away the opportunity to see the real viewpoint of some posters, whether or not we agree with them. Just because we don't share the same opinion doesn't mean that a voice shouldn't be heard.

9. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 16:13
Edited: 21 June 2010, 16:13
Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sad to say we had clothing stolen at Sirenis La Salina : (

"Wow Cubafun 123 - do you really think that way, or are you just trying to stir the pot?!"

Maybe.. stir stir stir. Guess I will tone it down a bit.