We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

London
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please? My boyfriend and I (mid 30's) are looking to book the Iberostar Varadero in November for a ten night stay. We'd like to spend some time chilling out on the beach/round the pool, eating drinking and being merry :) we're sociable so happy to join in activities and meet other people. We did consider the Sandals resort as it's adult only and we dont have kids but I am thinking that as it's November and term time there shouldnt be so many children about, am I right? Any ideas on the weather that time of year too? hoping it's just coming out of rainy season... Thanks!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

You are correct. November is just coming out of the rainy season. I always book my holidays in November. Less people, less crowds, less kids, no college crowd and 'ALOT' different clientele. The weather is still warm,ocean temps and humidity are still fine and the prices are at their lowest. You never know what your are going to get from week to week though. People or weather.

I would be more worried about overweight bald headed furry guys in speedos than kids.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

have been there a few times but only in april and july. If i recall....there were just as many families with kids in april as there there were in july... its a huge world and people have reasons for pulling kids out of school to go on holiday at non predictable times. What about the blau?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

CubaFun123, could the reason you see many families in April be that Alberta (and perhaps other provinces) has Spring Break over Easter rather than in March?

Solar, and the odd beached whale...oh yeah, same thing. LOL

To the OP:

I've not been to IBV, but suspect, mid to late November (and early December) would be pretty quiet on the kids front. I've never seen many in that timeframe at other resorts (in fact i don't recall seeing any anklebiters other than infants - but that could be the rum remembering).

As well, I assume you are from London UK, not Ontario if you are speaking of 10 days?

If you do not like humid weather, this is a great time to go, it can still rain, but most rain I've experienced is at night at this time of year. Quite warm and I've not had an experience in this time of year that the weather has impacted my plans.

4. Re: Iberostar Varadero/Cuba in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 06:16