We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero weather in December.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero weather in December.

I have just booked up for 2 weeks at the 'Sirenis La Selina' in December and I would like to hear from anybody who had been there at this time of year regarding the weather.

I have done my reserach and from what I have read it appears to be in the region of 20 - 30 degree's celsius, but my girlfriend has been asking if it will be 'Bikini Weather' and if it will be hot enough to get a 'Tan' and venture into the sea ?

I hope to hear from somebody to put her mind at ease !!!!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero weather in December.

Daytime temperatures should be OK and you and your girl friend will get a tan, no problem. You can expect some rain though. I would suggest you pack at least one item of long sleeved clothing for evening wear though as it can be quite cool then.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero weather in December.

It's a crapshoot.

I was there in December 2003 and out of 15 days, we could only go in the ocean 5 days.

The last 4 days were pretty cold by Cuban standards. (highs of around 20 or so)

I still had a great time and came home with a nice tan.

Edited: 02 July 2010, 14:05
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero weather in December.

The last 2 years that I've gone in December it's been a gong show weather wise; gorgeous and sunny, mid twenties one day, 12-15 C the next. It got very cold at night - people had their blankets off their beds around their shoulders at the show. Just bring clothing for warm weather, and bring a few sweaters, even a light jacket as well. Hopefully you won't use it, but December 2008 I only had the sweater I wore on the plane and was dying of cold, December 2009 I brought some light jackets with me and was much more comfortable. In prior years the weather in December was great, the last few years the climates really changed. On a positive note, never had rain during the day in December (more so in the spring and summer months). If there was any rain it was during the night, or a 5 minute sun shower.

manitoba
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero weather in December.

This past xmas was cool. During the day the sun was there. Was cool in the evening. We did have 2 days out of 5 in the ocean. For the cubans below 12 or 15 is cool. It did get to less than 10 degrees. Don;t forget you are only 90 miles fron Miami. If the old north wind blows.

Much better than - 20 in the peg. You'll be fine

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero weather in December.

Excellent, thanks for all your help.

6. Re: Varadero weather in December.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:16