We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

My friend and I (both 36) are looking to visit Cuba in November and would prefer a resort that's a little quieter and geared more for adults (i.e. no kids). We saw a deal for Breezes Jibacoa (about $800 Cdn, tax incl for the week we're looking for in early Nov) but it may be a bit too far out of the way... is there anything a bit closer to Veradero that's clean and well maintained, will give us the quiet time on the resort that we'd like but also be close to the town (Veradero or Havana) to be able to take advantage of things there as well?

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Sandals Hicacos or Melia Las Americas are worth considering.

Edited: 09 August 2010, 20:20
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Princesa del Mar is as clean & quiet as it gets but it is a bit pricier. You won't get better luxury and adults only atmosphere in Varadero, IMHO it's worth every penny.

Haliburton Canada
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Superclubs Breezes Varadero might work for you. Close to town and adults only.

Ontario
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Melia Las Antillas!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Sandals is not only adults only, it is couples only; makes a huge difference in the atmosphere.

Calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

If you are open to Holguin instead of Varadero area the Paradisus there is Adults only and to die for.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

Sandals (couples only) can be found from your travel agent for $775 on October 25th. They are also offering to upgrade for free to a premium suite. This is only for two carriers.

Please note this is from Toronto only. Taxes are extra.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 15:22
Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

I have to completely agree with Fireman!

The breezes Varadero was SO quiet and relaxing when we were there. We went in June '08 and the resort was practically empty. I was 26 and My husband was 31 and there were only a couple other people our age but we were looking for somewhere really quiet on that trip and luckily we found exactly what we were looking for.

It isn't too far outta the way and we really liked the location - We're going to the resort beside it in September (this time we are looking for something a little more lively since it will be more than just my husband and I traveling.)

9. Re: Looking for quieter, adults only resort for first time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:17