We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solo

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
solo

Hi , Wondering about singles at Iberostar Varadero.. I am in my 50s and will be traveling alone .. I have never been to Cuba and felt it may be a safe place to go alone .. is ibv a young group ?Would a female feel safe there ? Any reply would be great .. I haven't booked yet and if any one has any better resort then IBV for single that are looking for R&R that would be great..Thanks

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: solo

Gosh, I would certainly not hesitate to go to the IBV by myself! Most of my trips to Cuba were solo and I enjoyed everyone of them. If your heart is set on Varadero, the IBV is a great place (as would be the Laguna Azul). With lots of animation activities, if you want to participate, it will be a great way to meet people. If you prefer to be by yourself, no problem either, it's completely safe. If you can afford the Paradisus Varadero, it's also a great place for R&R. And from another post I just read this morning, the Melia Varadero would be a good choice also.

Other than Varadero, my other suggestion would be the Melia Cayo Guillermo, or the Paradisus Rio de Oro in Holguin.

Don't hesitate, go, and enjoy your vacation by yourself!!!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: solo

You might want to consider the Blau Varadero. They don't charge extra for going single and its cheaper. The clientele is a lot different ,(like night and day), its beach is nicer( but so is eveyone elses) and a better location for beach walking. The ocean/pool/people watching view from your room is fantastic. Who wants to pay good money looking at a bush from your room?

You can overlook the lobby bars from many areas to see who is there. Not many families, no college crowd and many mature singles.

More families go to the IV.

Both places are great but much better value at the Blau especially for a single person. Also these 2 places are very popular so harder to find good deals. Might want to consider low season if you don't like the crowds(Nov or May)

Toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: solo

Hello,

I am a single 50 year old male, I had not traveled in over 14 years and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Barcelo Marina Palace. It is a large resort with good food and was able to enjoy quiet time on long walks and an afternoon, walking around Varadero.

I think I would like to upgrade to the resorts mentioned above, in other postings.

The Blau Varadero, Melia Veredaro, Laguna Azul and the Iberostar Veredaro, I'll consider upgrades and can not wait to visit one of them.

You will enjoy yourself !

Not sure if you can do Cuba once, I will return.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: solo

Hi . Thank you so much for the info . I am going in Sept ,so better soon make up my mind .. I will look into all you have suggested .. Thanks again

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: solo

marmac57 - I hope you have a great time in Cuba! If you are there mid September and decide on the Laguan Azul... maybe we'll se you there!

Happy Holidays!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: solo

Hi .. Yes i am thinking Sept 14 for 2 weeks . Maybe that is too long but i do know for sure 1 week is not enough .. I think i am going to go to IBV , just read so many good things about it ..Thank you T4F , for your invite .. How far is this resort from where u are staying .. Thanks again .. Let you know the final verdict . I am going to book on Sat .. Getting excited already .lol

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: solo

If you are going for 2 weeks, you could easily do a combo vacation - first week at the ILA, second week at the IBV, or one week at the IBV and one week at the Paradisus. You'd have to pay for the transfer between resorts, but that shouldn't be more than 15 CUC, depending on the distance between resorts.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: solo

Good to go .. Well a plan has a way of changing ..I am going earlier Sept and staying at paradisus .. I got a good deal there .. Thank you again for all your info ...

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: solo

I'm sure you'll have a fabulous vacation! Hope you will come back to tell us about it when you get back!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: solo

Hi . Me again .. Can any one tell me what are must sees while i am in Cuba . Any tours ,restaurants . etc. Thanks again guys ..