We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

@ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

montreal
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
@ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Hi all,

I'm back to Varadero in mid-feb2011 We are going back to the mercure Cuatro Palmas wich is imo the best deal in town forwhat we re looking for . We found a fairly good price : 745 $ . would you wait until mid-dec or should I book right now ... Any chances the prices go down meanwhile ?

heard of the new policy with itravel : if ever the prices go down they reimburse you the difference .

what would you do ?

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

I'd book now with itravel2000 and take them up on their price drop guarantee.

Make sure to read ALL of the fine print first as there are admin fees associated with the guarantee and it only applies up to 31 days before departure.

itravel2000.com/pricedropprotectionterms.htm

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Depends who you're booking with. I booked in July for $715-- leaving Oct 21st, and it dropped down to $548 two weeks ago. NO refund available with my tour provider. Have heard that Itravel2000 has lowest price guarantee and will send you a check for the difference if your trip drops in price.

That being said, my policy is wait wait wait in the fall now. In the winter tho, if you find what you're willing to pay NOW, I say book it. It's not an absolute of course... but from what I've seen the trend is for prices to rise once you get into the winter season as everyone is wanting to get away once the snow hits the ground. My bet is your February trip will be cheaper to book now than it will be in December. Just my opinion though!

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

If it's where and when you want to go, I say book it and don't look back! Gosh I only wish we could get prices like that from Saskatchewan... I'd be going alot more often.

Enjoy your holiday Antar7

Edited: 05 October 2010, 20:35
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

For Feburary departures I always suggest booking as early as possible taking advantage of any and all early booking bonuses...

That is a great price for Feb, if you are happy with it, I would suggest you book...

The Budges

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

i say book now,if you're happy with the price then do it now. then,if you've booked with itravel you'll get the difference back anyway if the price drops. I believe they have a deal now too that if you book before by the 6th of oct,you save 200 per couple. I love the cuatro and got a great deat for 565.00 taxes in so i'm on it,as i too always book with itravel

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
301 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Hey Antar,

We booked SLS on Sept 1st departing Nov 7th (1 week) @ $847. The prices have increased as follows:

Sept 1 - 9 = $847

Sept 10 - 17 = 1027

Sept 18 - 28 = 1127

Sept 29 - Oct 5 = 1197

Oct 5 - ? = 1137

We watched everyday until I saw a property & price we were comfortable with, then jumped & booked. Been watching for reference for next year. Some say the price will drop dramatically for November - and it is now starting to decline - guess we'll see how far it goes down. We are very pleased with what we paid, and have the peace of mind that it is booked. We've been burned before with trying to book last minute (limited resort choice & flights & highest prices). So, lesson learned - jump feet first if you're comfortable :-)

Good luck & enjoy your trip!

Cheers,

CaribooCalling

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Hard to tell what the prices are going to do. The SLS is $753 now from Vancouver then jumps right up in November. The higher end resorts like the Iberostars and the Blau I've noticed all going down in Nov.

Also of note, the Remembrance day week is the most expensive in November. Must be lots of people taking advantage of that holiday. Will be one crowded week.

Last time I booked a trip to Cuba in Feb. I didn't book till mid January and got a great deal.

It's always a guessing game but if the Riu (ever) opens up, it could make prices drop with the extra 650 rooms out there.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

My personal opinion is to book now. I booked for January last week and have been watching prices for just over a month now. I highly recommend going with itravel2000 as well. They have a great sale with Sunwing as well as the Price Drop Protection. Granted there are some fine print rules to the PDP but still a good deal. I did the same thing last year for 6 of us that travelled and got us $70 each back due to the the sale. Worth thinking about on your part. Happy travels!

montreal
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Thank you all for the infos .. Btw the PDp guarantee is only available if you pay the full price and 31 days prior ...

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: @ Canadians : Feb 11, Should I wait or book now ?

Hola

As I understand it,. the price you quoted is good for up to 31 days before your departure date....I think for mid Feb the price you were quoted for Quatros Palmas is not too bad.......Can I ask what side of Quatros Palmas It is?.......

IF it is the Palmas side ,it is usually cheaper than the quatros side........Either way ,the prices could be 50 bucks up or down........not a big deal...... the choice is yours .....

PHIL