We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Break 2011 at the Riu Varedero

Charlottetown...
1 post
Save Topic
March Break 2011 at the Riu Varedero

Wondering if there is anyone who would like to comment on this new facility. I have been to other Cuban destinations....just curious how this resort compares.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Break 2011 at the Riu Varedero

The resort isn't open yet - if you take a peak through this forum you'll see a multitude of posts on the subject! There's lots of debate on when the actual opening date might be, and how much of the hotel will actually be ready when it does open. From what I saw at the end of August I would be shocked if it's open in 2010 but that's my personal thoughts. The opening date has been delayed several times, hopefully it's ready by March but when it comes to Cuban construction, anything could happen!

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March Break 2011 at the Riu Varedero

This one is completely different from any other Varadero resort. Namely it not only hasn't been finished being built yet but has had numerous ghost openings all year, the latest being Nov 1st. Several people who have been to varadero in recent weeks and looked at the construction site feel tehy'll never make it. Do a search for Riu Varadero and you'll see numerous posts on it, including one thread that has had over 300 posts to it.

3. Re: March Break 2011 at the Riu Varedero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 07:17