We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Hubby and I booked our Anniversary trip to SRH (Varadero) arrival on Nov.15. but just found out Sunwing has decided to change our depature time in Toronto (now leaving at 9:30 PM ...instead of 4 PM). So much for the champagne meal onboard not to mention we'll be landing at 1 AM which means we probably won't get to our hotel room until 2 AM (everythings shuts down around 1 AM on the Resort). No one plans to start their vacation by having to retire for the night ....especially with all restaurants and bars closed down!!

I don't care that the departure from the hotel has been slightly extended on the last day - it's the first day of the vacation you look forward too!! Talking to our travel agent now...we may no longer be Sunwing customers!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Sunwing and Transat vacations are notorious for doing this. Its worse for us that come from the west into Toronto for flights from there. Have to come in at least a day early in case airlines change flight times. Good luck

Cheers

London, ontario
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

That happened to me once several years ago. Thats the first time i found they had 24 hour bars. I think the majority of the hotels do have 24 hour bars....So head down to the bar i'm sure there will be other late arrivals there....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Talk to Sunwing and try and get some sort of a credit for future travel. If you booked with a travel agent ask them to do it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,613 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

This has nothing to do with Sunwing and everything to do with flying cheap charters. A 5.5 hour bump in your departure time doesn't entitle you to anything. It's the price you pay for choosing that mode of travel.

Sucks, but it's the nature of the beast.

Bring a bottle (or three) of your favourite libation and hit the beach when you arrive... make your own party...

Cheers,

Terry

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Just the nature of the business. Sometimes they have to combine flights together.

If Sunwing can get you to your hotel room within 1 hour of your landing time then I'm booking with them. I just wish that when I go, the last person on the transer bus could be within 1 hour from landing time and then have no drop of points in between your hotel and then have no waiting at your hotel lobby to get your room.

Always good to look on the bright side,-- their will probably be a 24 hour bar and you will also be the first one for breakfast. Nothing like a few Mojitos with your bacon and eggs.

Enjoy your anniversary in Cuba. What a great place to have it.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

We just had that happen to us. We were in the DR last week and found out about a week or so before our departure that Sunwing had changed the times. Instead of a 6:20am out of T.O we had 10:40am - it was a bummer, but hey, what can you do.

It can happen with any airline. Has happened to us with Skyservice; Transat and AC - so no one is immune and not much you can do but grin and bear it!!

Brockville, Canada.
Level Contributor
936 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

Do they notify you when they do this, or do you have to keep checking it yourself?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

On Sunwing's website, you can go on and check a box of that tells them to notify you of a flight change when it happens.

They e-mailed us and issued new e-tickets right away - if you ask me, it's a great way of doing it!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

On most contracts it usually states that you are responsible for confirming the flight departure times. If you have a good travel agent he/she should do this for you, and keep you up to date.

As well, before leaving for the airport it is good to verify the departure schedule – sometimes the schedule changes are available at the airport website but not on the tour operator’s website.

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing just changed our travel time :(....not happy!!!

This happened to me last April,booked through Selloff Vacations,got nothing from them or Sunwing .They cover themselves good with the "all times are subject to change" disclaimer.

Good luck.