We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

My girlfriend and I (both mid 20s) are thinking about staying at the Paradisus Princess Del Mar for a week in April. It has good reviews: 5 star, 80% recommend, 2nd highest rated on tripadvisor, adults only, etc.

But lots of the reviews complain about birds getting into the buffet area and creating a possible health hazard.

How bad is it? I'm considering the Iberostar Varadero too.

Thanks! LM

Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

Birds do no harm. Unless you collect and make an icecream cone from their poop. Never had a bird crap in your glass before?

You just don't touch it, unless you are hammered beyond.

Not being nasty, but the birds are trying their best.(to feed and live)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

I actually did have a bird poop in my beer LOL (not in the buffet though, I was sitting outside)

I've read a lot of reviews, from a lot of resorts where people talk about the birds in the buffet. I don't think it's limited to the Paradisus Princess. I know they were in the buffet at the Tuxpan when I was there. Nobody seemed bothered by them though.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

Birds in open air restaurants are common in Cuba. Sometimes they even figure out how to get inside the enclosed ones as well. Not a huge problem, but don't leave your food unattended at your table. These creatures are opportunistic and will be there in a flash. I have seen exactly the same thing in Mexico. Certainly not an issue limited to one resort. ;-)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

In 7 stays the birds have never bothered me! There have been a few occasions in the buffet when someone will leave their table and before the staff has a chance to clear the pates the birds will help themselves, but I've never had one land on my table, my food, poop in anything... they're tiny little sparrows, not anything you don't see at home! The way some (miesrable!) people describe them in some of the reviews I've read they sound like pterodactyls hovering through the resort and that's not the case at all! The rest of the restaurants are indoors anyway so it's a non issue outside of the buffet. You'll LOVE this resort, it's the best way to do Varadero. The adults only is a huge plus!

Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

Sorry for sounding a little off in the first post. But perhaps there are some people with knowledge who may put some light on any possibilily of disease spread by birds. This is probablby for peeps with little kids.

For me the birds are a part of the whole thing Cuba.

6. Re: Paradisus Princess Del Mar - the Birds!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 06:17